It´s beginning to look a lot like...summer. Afraid to say that it seems as though winter has officialy gone away and summer has arrived. It was a good week, but it was a hot one. We´re hoping and praying for some rain this week, so we´ll see what happens!
Anyway, we had a wonderful week! I did a division with Elder McArthur, my zone leader this week and it was pretty adventurous. We were walking in the street, and this old lady called us over from her house and asked for a pamphlet. We went into her house and pulled out the pamphlet of the restoration, but she said she already had it. I then just pulled out the next pamphlet in my folder and it turned out to be the law of chastity. She grabbed it out of my hand and said "Oooh a new one! Thanks!" Haha then we started teaching her and she began to tell us about how she re-wrote the book of Revalation, because she didn´t like how everyone died in the book, so she re translated it so that everyone lives. Then she showed us a painting she had of Noah´s ark and began to desribe how she likes the painting, but that she doesn´t like Noah, because he lived in Israel, and Israel keeps trying to destroy the world. It´s a miracle that Elder McArthur and I didn´t start laughing, cause we were both pretty close. Oh the joys of missionary work.
We spent a lot of time this week preparing for Marcos and Grazielle´s wedding this weekend. We made invites, found a suit, planned the food/decorations, taught him the rest of the lessons, went to the register´s office, and lots of other stuff, so we were pretty busy. But through all this, we were able to find a few new investigators to teach, including a kid named Leomir who is a friend of a less active in our ward. We are helping him come back to church, and we´re bringing his friend along with him! We´re also trying to help his parents get married, but first his dad has to divorce his first wife. But they finally got everything worked out, and January they will offically be divorced. I´m hoping I´m still here to help them with their wedding in January!!! Other than that, nothing too exciting happened! My companion is great, we´re working hard and NOT getting trunky!!! I´m happy with my life and everything is just grand. I continue to feel the spirit testify through me each and everyday, and I know without a doubt these things I teach are true. As I tell people everytime I bear my testimony - "I did not leave my family, studies, work, and friends just to hang out, learn a language and meet new people - I came because I know and I want everyone on this earth to know these things are true. I want everyone to have an eternal family just like me, because there is nothing that brings me more happiness than this.
I love you all! Have a wonderful Thansgiving! I´m so grateful to have each one of you in my life. I don´t know where I would be without y'all, and will be forever grateful for all you have done and continue to do for me. I miss you so incredibly much, but I´ll be home before you know it!
Love,
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment