Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

First Day!

This blog is for anyone who would like to read the emails Chase sends during his mission in Santa Maria, Brazil.

Today we dropped him off at the MTC. Very bitter sweet! We will try and post any emails he might send soon!

1 comment:

  1. Chase's First Letter:

    Wow. What a week. I think Six Flax lies. The MTC is the biggest roller coaster in the world. It definitely has its ups and downs! It has been so awesome to get all your packages and notes! I (and my district) have loved them! I think the air fresheners are our favorite ;)

    My companion's name is Elder Henderson from Georgia. He is really southern and it's pretty funny. He is awesome and I'm so glad we get along. It definitely makes life here bearable. I LOVE my district. There are 12 of us- 6 elders and 6 sisters. We are all going to Brazil, waiting for our visas. Most people going to Brazil have been getting re-assigned stateside, so we'll see where I end up in 5 weeks. Me, Elder Henderson, and 2 other sisters are the only ones going to Santa Maria. Everyone else is going up north. But I feel like I've already made lifetime friends with the Elders and Sisters in my district. It's awesome.

    Portuguese is...hard. Really hard. Haha. I mean, I knew it would be hard, it's a completely different language, but I don't think I realized just HOW difficult it is. We had to teach our first investigator after TWO DAYS. In Portuguese! It seemed crazy and it was really bad, but we are getting better and better each day. I got pretty sick over the weekend so I was pretty miserable. Every day seemed so long and it felt like I just couldn't get any Portuguese down. THEN, I got your first package and it just about made me cry. I miss you guys SO MUCH. A lot more than I thought I would. No offense ;) But, at that point it felt like there was no way I could make it two years. Luckily, conference was this weekend which was SO GREAT! It was a really nice break, especially because I was feeling so down and so sick. It was inspiring, and really seemed to speak to me at that time. I know this is where I'm supposed to be. I know it will be hard, but this is where the Lord needs me. I know the language will come. It's only been six days and I already know so much! I can pray, testify, and do some communication! I have a hard time understanding but it's all good! The MTC has been very humbling.

    Today is my P-Day so expect an email from me every Tuesday. I'll try to write more handwritten letters during the week, but we really don't have a lot of time. We are definitely kept busy here! The food is pretty hit or miss. Mostly miss. They definitely go for quantity over quality. At least it's edible, right?!

    We went to the temple today which was awesome! It was a really cool experience, I think it was even better than the first time! I saw Sister Fowler and Sister Gibb there which was nice. I see so many missionaries here that I know! I see my roommate Parker and Mike Whitney all the time. Plus, a ton of other people from Timpview. It's really cool to think about just how many missionaries from Timpview go on missions. T-Birds are changing the world! I love it when I get handwritten letters so keep sending them! They make my day!

    I guess I better get going. Sorry my thoughts are so scattered. We're kept busy so it's hard to get organized. I love and miss you guys! Keep praying for me! I pray for you every day! Even in Portuguese haha!

    ReplyDelete