Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Week 2!


Hello!

Well, another week is gone! The days go by so slow here but the week seem to go by way too fast! I'm working hard, trying to learn more and more everyday! It's really awesome to see how the family is doing. It's so weird to think there's a world outside of this place. It feels like everything just paused but it didn't! The world just keeps on moving! I heard about the Boston marathon stuff. That's crazy. So sad. It was so weird to hear about it because we're completely cut off from the world.

Last week, my companion got really sick. Most likely got it from me haha. The doctor told him to sleep which meant I had to sleep too. Bummer. ;) So that was a nice break. But it is hard even if you just miss one class. The language is coming, but it's tough. They tell us to teach with the Spirit but I can't say hardly anything! It's frustrating. It's hard to get all the grammar/vocab/sentence phrasing just because I'm not used to it and haven't taken a language before. But I learn more and more everyday and I know it'll come eventually! Even if it's 6 months into the field. My teachers are Irmao Williams and Irmao Willardson. (Irmao=brother) They're both awesome. We had to teach Brother Willardson on the second day in Portuguese and we didn't know he'd be our teacher but now he is! They're both great guys and are invested in our learning.

The food has been better. I think we're getting used to it, so anything remotely okay tasting is great. It's not even close to Mom's cooking though! That's one thing I definitely miss. At least I still get all the treats you make in my packages! :)

My Branch President challenged us to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover before we leave here which has been awesome! I'm in Mosiah right now and there's so many cool little insights you pick up as a missionary I wouldn't have noticed before. I think it'll be great to have read it again before getting out in the field. My testimony grows stronger and stronger with every passing day! We feel the spirit so much here. It's unreal. I have the First Vision memorized in Portuguese which is really powerful. The first time I heard it, I didn't really know what was being said, but it just felt so good! The gospel is true!!!

Vocal Point did a devotional for us which was great! Their music is so inspiring and they all shared their testimonies. It was awesome. I also get to sing in the choir at devotionals. I love music!! It's so powerful and inspiriational and I'm so glad I get to sing every week!

I saw Wendy Nelson's mom at the temple today! We chatted for a bit and she told me Wendy is getting her mission call soon! It's so exciting to hear about everyone's mission calls. So all my friends make sure to shoot me any email or letter when you get your call! Prefferably a letter. We only check email once a week but I get letters throughout the week!

I love and miss you guys so much! I pray for you everyday and wish the best for you. I know the Lord is watching over all of us--never forget that!

Love,
Elder Weight

P.S. My address changed to 0513, not 0514 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment