Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Week of 9/22

This email won't be quite as long as others, I had a lot of emails to respond to today. And I tried uploading pictures, but it just takes too much time/effort but we're going to Walmart so I'll be sure to print pictures and send em!

We had another great week here!!! The work is hastening for sure in this area and this mission! We have had 8 baptisms just in our zone this transfer and we're only halfway through! This mission has 255 missionaries and next transfer we'll be up to 280! And I think more than half are sisters so that's crazy. President Hanks is running around like a chicken with his head cut off dealing with all these missionaries. I wonder if they'll split this mission...hmm...... Although, there's probably not enough members in Alabama to justify having two missions. We'll see!

Ammon is getting baptized this Sunday!!! We taught him everything left this week and everything is good to go. He's been drinking herbal tea and is so excited for the baptism. There was a shooting in his home town back in Kenya this week, but his family is safe. That was a bit of a scare for him - you can tell he really wants to go back to Kenya. But we are going to send the missionaries to his family in Kenya and he seems excited for that. It really is a miracle for this man to be getting baptized- he has heard ALL about temple garments and Blacks and the Priesthood from crazy members and he still wants to get baptized. That's why the Spirit is so essential in teaching and converting!!!

Elder Kopischke from the 70 came to the mission and we had a 7 HOUR zone conference with him. I loved it and learned a ton, but man that was long. Luckily they fed us lunch in the middle of it which was nice. He talked a lot about having a vision and how dreams aren't bad. He talked about waking up each morning two minutes early and just imagining how you want the day to go. Of course, it's never going to go how you planned, but imagining what you want out of the day helps so much! He also talked a lot about personal revelation and that questions aren't bad. If a 14 year old boy hadn't asked a question, I wouldn't be here right now! We should always be asking questions because that's the only way we learn. And the best place to receive answers to our questions is at church or in the temple. He told us we should never go to church without a question in mind, and that it will always be answered- even if it's not in the way we'd expect! He did a little Q&A sesh and that was pretty cool. He is so knowledgable not just in the scriptures but in preach my gospel as well! We have been reading preach my gospel as a companionship and I love it so much. Everyone preparing for a mission should read it! And even if you're not, you can still read it, it's not secret! It's the bomb.com. I've been reading my mini portuguese one and color coating it, I love it.

Well, that was the exciting part of the week! We've been teaching a lot which is nice and we always seem to have someone to teach. We don't have to do a TON of finding/knocking which is nice cause I hate knocking. Haha you would think that's all you do as a missionary and that I SHOULD like it, but I don't. Maybe I'll learn to like it someday-it's just so awkward. Street contacting is way better, any day. We did exchanges this week and Elder Evans came here with Elder Fred. and I. It felt just like the Milbrook days haha! He's a great guy, he's been through a lot, and his story is amazing. Remind me to tell you about him when I get home!

Other than that, I'm doing well! I'm happy and healthy and loving life as a missionary! I got your package and letters this week, thanks a bunch! I'm so behind on letter writing, hopefully I'll get caught up today. OH! I get to go to the temple this Saturday with Miss Daisy from Clanton! Her daughter is coming down from Idaho and she decided she wanted to go after all! I'm so excited for that you have no idea. She is just the sweetest old lady and I can't wait to see her sealed to her daughter. 

Love and miss you bunches!!! Have a great week!!!

Love,
Elder Weight


P.S. I told Dad this, but I'm checking out on BYU football until 2015 or until they find an offense. Whichever comes first, but it's looking like 2015 is gonna be first.

No comments:

Post a Comment