Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow (PLEASE)

Dear family and friends,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Brazil! It was definitely a lot different spending the holidays here. Not only being away from all of you, but the weather and culture and...mostly the weather. Let me get all my complaining about the weather out right now so you don´t have to hear about it the rest of the letter. So Christmas was about 98 degrees with no clouds, the day after Christmas was 108+ degrees with no clouds, the 27th it rained ONLY at night, which made the next day more humid than before. Add that to no air conditioning and a half broken fan and that has been the weather down here. I guess the day after Christmas was the hottest day here in 51 years...I think that´s what this guy said. Half the time I have to guess haha. But yeah, sorry for all the complaints, I´m done now. 

Other than the weather, it was a good week! It was so fun to talk to you on Christmas and see all your cute faces. Including Seven :) It sounds like Christmas was a good one with Mama going overboard as always. I never heard about Mom´s bomb, what was it this year? I absolutely loved the family decked out in the roll tide for the Christmas picture this year. And I´m glad we were able to get one with me in there :) We didn´t end up hiking the mountain for Christmas cause it was so hot. We ended up deep cleaning the apartment while listening to Christmas music cause it was needed. And then we made a cake for your birthday, Father. Well, technically it was for Elder McArthur, but we made it for you too. The big five oh - soon you´ll actually earn the "dear old uncle" title!

The rest of the week was good as well. We´ve been trying to find new investigators and we´re still trying to get to know the ward. We have a couple investigators who are completely ready to be baptized, they just don´t come to church! It´s frustrating cause they love everything we teach them, and they want to be baptized, they just won´t come to church! bah. Well one of them, Eduardo, isn´t really his fault. He´s this 11 year old boy who wants to be baptized so bad, but his parents are skeptical. This week we found out his mom is actually a member from like 30 years ago. She doesn´t want him to be baptized because she doesn´t want him to commit and then stop like she did. But we´re hopefully going get her to come to church and realize it´s a good place! But other than that, we´ve been teaching less actives and tyring to help members do missionary work as well. The language is still a major struggle, but I´m learning! I can understand maybe 50% if I really focus hard. The only problem is, my mind loves to wander. Haha but I´m working on it, and Elder Pontes is helping out a lot. He´s letting/forcing me to teach and it´s good. Keep praying for me, cause I need it!

I love you all! Hope new years is fun, tell the family hello at the cabin for me! That´s one thing I really miss - the cabin! i have so many fond memories from there. So have fun for me! Hope the rest of the week is great and I´ll talk to you next week!

Love,

Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment