Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, March 17, 2014

A Splendid Week

From: Chase Weight 
Date: Monday, March 17, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Hello friends and family and whoever else reads this! 

This week was actually quite splendid! We´ve been spending a lot of time getting to know the members, sorting through the inactive members, having family nights, and with the time inbetween, making contacts and finding people to teach! It´s been great. Opening a new area is always hard, but after these first two weeks, it´s been getting much easier. 

We got a referral from a return missionary of a 16 year old kid who has already been to church a few times, is already friends with basically all the boys in the ward and wants to be baptized. Cool, right? The challenge will be with his parents. We haven´t met them yet, but it sounds like they´re not too keen on him being baptized. We´ll talk to them this week and see what´s up though. This ward has a ton of young men in it which is really helpful for us! Young men are the best thing to have as missionaries, cause they want to be missionaries one day so they always want to help you out! The older people are busy with their families and jobs and stuff, so it´s nice to have young men. The last ward I was in was a lot more old people, but this ward is much younger which is a nice change. There´s a lot of great members in this ward with a great desire to do missionary work. There is room for a lot of growth in this ward, lots of potential for lots of baptisms, so hopefully we can work hard and help out. 

Saturday was the baptism of Andrielli. We taught her basically everything in the Santa Maria ward but then got transferred. She lives in the house right behind Richard and Emily, and she was always there for their lessons, listening attentively and answering all the questions we asked. Her Dad is the only member in her family, but her Mom came to the baptism! She really felt the spirit and said she wants to continue coming and learn more. It´s a bummer we can´t stay in the ward and continue to teach her! The sisters will take care of it though. Elder Gomes baptized her and she seemed very happy afterward, it was a great baptism. I love being a missionary!

So funny story for ya, yesterday we were walking home from our family night at like 9 pm. It was cloudy all day, but it never rained so we thought we´d be alright. We were walking home and everything was calm and out of no where it started pouring. So we started running looking for cover, I didn´t have my bag with me so my stuff was soaking wet and then I completely slipped. I just sat there and laughed for like 15 seconds, completely soaked. Luckily I didn´t get too hurt haha. My companion was laughing at me the entire way home, it was pretty funny.

Well, I have to go, but I love you all so much! I hope you are all doing well and hope you have a wonderful week. I miss you all and I´ll talk to you next week!

Love,

Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment