Well this week wasn´t the best one for me, but hey, that´s life right? I started getting sick
Monday, but I thought it would just be annoying cold. Tuesday I had district meeting and then lunch with a member and I just started feeling terrible. I still don´t know exactly what sickness I had, cause I basically had everything. Sore throat, headache, fever, stomachache, congestion, everything. It was pretty bad. But don´t worry Mom, my companion treated me just like you would! Haha he was making up remedies, giving me medicine, making soup, doing everything for me! He´s great.
So I stayed home all Tuesday and most of Wednesday, but luckily it all passed pretty quickly. By Thursday I was set to go and we went to work! We were walking in the street and saw this lady sitting in front of her house doing crochet. We were heading to an appointment so I just kept walking, but my companion went back and gave her a pass along card. Turns out she´s a less active of 16 years and moved back to Santa Maria recently. She told us she had lost all the church materials and asked if we had any for her. We gave her a Book of Mormon and of course went back the next day! She lives with her uncle and son and his kids. She told us she wants to come back to church and bring her whole family back with her. She asked for a ride this Sunday but said the next she would make her son drive her with all the kids too. Now, a lot of people here say they want to go to church or want a ride, but when we go to pick them up they´re never ready. But we show up Sunday and she is completely ready to go with her Book of Mormon, wearing a dress and everything. We show up at church and all the sisters in the ward just completely overwhelm her with love and everything is just perfect! What a miracle, huh? Hopefully we´ll be able to teach the rest of her family too :)
This week a young man in our ward left on his mission to Curitiba, Brazil. It´s the family´s first missionary so they were pretty sad, especially the mom. We had a family night with them and she was just asking us all the questions about the MTC, about the mission, everything. She then told us that we were her new sons and that she´s going to treat us the same she wishes the mom´s in his mission treat him. Then she gave us a bunch of food, gave me remedies for my sicknesses and forced her husband to give us a ride home. It was pretty funny. I´ll get a picture with her sometime in the next few weeks so you can see I´m being treated well here, Mom :)
Speaking of which, I had a mini spiritual revelation this week. As a missionary, I´m doing basically everything I should, according to the standards of the church. Obviously, I´m not perfect, but I read my scriptures everyday, go to church every Sunday, spend all day serving, teaching, and helping other people. I don´t watch movies or listen to music, my life is completely consecrated to the Lord. And yet, I still feel like I´m missing something. My entire mission, I´ve felt like I´m missing something, but I never really thought about it. This week it hit me - family! Duh. But I started thinking about it, and it´s so true! Why does the church focus so much on the family? Because it´s just that important! Families are everything in this gospel. You can live every standard of the church, but without family, you will always be missing something. Maybe this is why celestial marriage is also so important for our salvation! Reading this again, it sounds obvious, but it was like a huge revelation for me this week haha. To conclude, I miss you all and love you all so much. Yes I´m missing you right now, but I´m helping others find this secret called family, and soon enough I´ll be home and have the rest of eternity with you! Aww. Cheesy, I know. But hey, I´ve been a missionary for almost a year now, I have to be cheesy, right?
Well, hope everything is going well for all of you. The church is true. I know it! If you don´t know it, find it, cause it´s there, I promise! Love you all!
Elder Weight
PS. Conference in two weeks!!! And I get to watch in ENGLISH! Best news ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment