What a whirlwind of a week! Of course the best part were the baptisms on Saturday! It was a really cool experience. I just love baptisms so much! It´s so rewarding to see people make this important decision in their lives, and to see how happy they always are after the baptism. So there were actually a total of 8 baptims in the city between the three wards on Saturday. Two were baptized in the morning, and 6 in the afternoon. In our ward, we had three - Luis and Saria and Iris. Iris was a ward baptism, and Luis and Saria were our investigators. They are such good kids, really smart. They really understood everything, asked lots of questions and they were so happy after the baptism. All 8 of the Elders in the city sang a special musical number, I gave a talk, and it was just a really cool baptism. But there always has to be a bitter to the sweet - I found out I will be transfered! I only stayed here 3 months, so I´m pretty sad to be leaving. I really grew to love this ward, and this city. The minute I learned how to get everywhere I need to go and really get to know the members well, I´ll have to start all over! I will serve in city called Alegrete, which is close to the border of Argentina, so it´ll be an adventure for sure. I heard there´s lots of gauchos there, which is the Brazillian version of cowboys. They drink lots of chimarrĂ£o, have a funny accent, and love to sing and play guitar. The best part is that Gaucho Day is next month which is the biggest holiday here in Rio Grando do Sul. Should be an adventure!
So these past two days, I have been visiting all the members, saying goodbye and taking lots of pictures. I´ve been telling everyone that I´m going to come back at the end of my mission for them to meet my parents, and they get so excited. I´m guessing I´ll have to do a lot of translating for both sides, but it´ll be lots of fun. I´m so excited for you to meet them all, because they´re such great people. And be prepared to eat lots of good food :) Yesterday was the BYU-Utah of Rio Grande do Sul - Inter vs. GrĂªmio. When I first got here, everyone told me I had to pick a team, and I picked inter. I really don´t know why, cause usually I pick Blue over Red, but I felt like they were my team. And then I got here where almost every member I talk to is a huge Gremio fan, and they all told me I would regret choosing Inter. Then yesterday, Inter won 2-0, and it felt great :) Haha but it was pretty crazy around here. Lots of angry, drunk people which led to lots of fights and accidents. Who knew soccer could bring so much chaos.
But anyway, I´m very excited to get to know a new area. It´s always hard at first, but I always get used to it and fall in love with the ward. There are definitely people waiting for me to help there and I´m anxious to find them! I think that´s my favorite part about the mission - making new friendships with people through the gospel. I have met members, investigators, and companions who have helped me learn so many new things, and there´s no way I could have learned these things/met these people at home! Sometimes I think about what I would be doing if I had never come on the mission - and maybe I would still be doing good things at home - but each time I help someone here I get more of a surety that I really was sent here for a reason. And that´s what makes my mission worth it!
I love you all so much! I´ll write you next week from Alegrete, have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder Weight
Address:
Caixa Postal 310
Centro - Alegrete - RS
97541-910
No comments:
Post a Comment