Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Rain and children and pizza and bushes!

Another week has passed and here comes August! Did July even exist? It feels like just yesterday was the 4th of July. Tomorrow will be Christmas and the next day I´ll be home at this rate. It was a pretty good week, but I don´t have much to report so sorry if this is short. Tuesday we helped the Bishop out with a service project at his house. He is installing a drain beneath his house and so we basically got to tear up his entire floor. It was pretty fun. But it is making realize that I basically don´t know how to do anything with redesigning/construction. I think I´m going to make that my summer project when I get home - learn how to do everything I will need to know how to do when I have my own house. So that took up basically all day Tuesday, cause we had a meeting that night. Wednesday it was raining all day. But not just a light rain, it was basically downpouring with lightning the entire day. But nothing can stop the work, so we busted out our umbrellas and rain coats and went to work. We taught a few of our investigators and tried to contact a bunch of potential investigators but when it´s raning, basically no one wants to let you into their house. But luckily we had a family night planned so we weren´t stuck with nothing to do at night in the rain. The family night was with the Dorneles - that one family that has two kids who will be baptized soon. We taught the kids about the Book of Mormon and began reading with them. They all love us so much, and get so mad when we have to leave. I feel like I´m becoming a part of their family! We sang Christmas hymns next to their fire stove and it felt just like i was home. The kids are so excited for their Baptism and I am too! We´re planning a special musical number, it´s going to be great!

So Thursday was raining all day too, and basically no one wanted to talk to us. It was kind of a depressing day, but we had a ward family night which was great. I gave a message about accepting the will of God in our lives, and remembering that God gives us trials that will push us, but will not break us if we use his help. I showed the video of the bush that gets cut down, and complains to the gardener asking "how could you do this to me?" The gardener responds that he knows what is best for the bush. He didn´t want him to become a great tree, but a bush with good fruit. It seems like God cuts us down sometimes, but he´s really just shaping and forming us to be the way he wants us to be. We must trust in his judgement, show our faith in Him, and accept his will. 

Saturday we had a dinner dance at the church, and it was insane. I guess it was just supposed to be for couples, but they announced it for everyone on Sunday, so we assumed we could bring some kids to the activity. Some kids turned out to be like 10 kids who lived nearby. But the ward had planned a special part of the activity for the couples, so we ended taking the kids up to the second floor of the church and we basically got to babysit. I have changed my mind about wanting to have lots of kids haha. I think one or two is okay. Maybe three. It was a madhouse up there. We tried to take control, but they were just running around screaming doing who knows what. We finally got them settled down for a little while, singing hymns with them, but that was over soon enough. It was a crazy night, but secretly it was a lot of fun :) Kids really are cute, even if they´re a lot to handle sometimes. To end the night, we ate a lot of homemade pizza and it all turned out great.

I have to get going now, but I love you all! I hope you have an amazing week, and I am praying for each and every one of you! Te amo!!!!

Love,

Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment