It's already Monday?!?! I can hardly believe it. This week went by so quick.
It's still been raining pretty much all week. It's pretty off and on but the clouds just won't go away! It's actually pretty nice because the sun is HOT. Once these clouds do leave, it's going to be a hot summer that's for sure. Which is why I'm praying for rain just long enough for me to get my visa! ;)
We had another great week. We've been working a lot more with the members this week and visiting a lot more less actives. There are almost 200 people on the branch roster and an average of 35-40 show up each week. So we're really trying to get the less actives to become interested again. Most of the active members are pretty old-like 60's. So when we try to bring younger investigators to church, it's hard cause there's not many young people in the branch! The two really active families with young kids are moving soon so we really need some families and some youth! So that's what we're trying for.
On Tuesday we had a zone training which was pretty cool. Our zone leaders are great guys and they really know a lot. They talked a lot about being bold and just opening your mouth! That's been something I've been working on lately. Well, pretty much my entire mission. Sometimes it can be awkward to just randomly talk to people. Sometimes you just want to leave people alone and not commit them to anything. But as missionaries, we need to be bold and to just put it all out there! So that's what I've been trying to do better. I can be shy around people I don't know but I think being a missionary has really helped with that!
Another thing I've learned which I talk about all the time is a love for the scriptures!!! They are the best. I can't imagine going a day without reading them now. Before my mission I really did not read as much as I should have. I really only read the Book of Mormon once completely through. But I've now read it once and like 9/10s only 3 months into my mission! The scriptures just bring so much joy and happiness into my life. I learn something new every time I read them and I love it. I would recommend always reading the Book of Mormon with whatever else you are studying! I know Dad always told me that but it really does help. As we explain to people-the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion. Not that it's more important or even better than the Bible or other scriptures, but if you don't have a testimony of it, there's no way you can have a testimony of this church. It's either true or it's not-and if it is, then this entire church is true! I have gotten that confirmation from the Holy Ghost so many times and I know this church is true, without a doubt in my mind. Focus on the Book of Mormon and everything else will fall in place. People are not perfect, but this gospel is!
This week the assistants actually came down to Clanton and did some work with us. I went with Elder Kaupert and it was cool to get to know him. Sometimes I feel like it would be really fun to be an assistant, but then I think of how much work they do and I think nahhh. He would get at least like 5 phone calls every hour and it seemed like it would just stress me out. You'd never believe these words coming out of my mouth but...I hate having a phone. It's just so annoying. We have to switch off each day and I always dread my phone day. Haha oh the life of a missionary.
Well, I don't have much time left! I love y'all so much! I know I say that every week but I really do. I miss each and everyone of you. I got letters from quincie, both grandparents, katey, leigh, and some freinds. I feel so loved! But now I have to go write a thousand letters back haha :) I hope you have a great week and I'll talk to you soon! Thanks for all the support! Loves!
-Elder Weight
P.S. I thought I'd tell you about yesterday too. We ate 3 huge meals in the space of 4 hours and it was terrible by the end of the night haha. We had forgotten we told our neighbors we would eat with them so we scheduled a dinner with a member as well. We saw our neighbor getting his grill all ready so we had eat at both places. I'm still full. ahaha. love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment