Hellooooo there!!!
This week has been so wonderful. My birthday was great, Elder Henderson's Dad came down, Elder Winfree joined our companionship, Elder Henderson's brother came down 3 days after his dad, AND we had a baptism!!! It was definitley a full, fun filled, spiritual week!
I'll explain more about each one :) On Tuesday, the zone and district leader came up to interview Jerry for baptism. We were about to leave when Elder henderson's dad pulls up. He happened to come when our leaders were there haha! He was on his way to Mississippi and thought he'd drop in. He was a great guy; it was cool to meet him since elder h. talked about him all the time. He took us all out to lunch and we had a great time.
So then, it was my birthday!!! It was definitely a very different birthday than most! We woke up and I opened all the packagaes-it felt like Christmas! I was so close to opening one of them the night before but I guess it didn't really make a difference since technically only one of them was a birthday package! Haha but then we had district meeting in Prattville and they sang to me and all that jazz. I also played some of the primary birhtday songs on the piano to make it feel like home ;) I got letters from Jared, Grandpa/Grandma, and you on my birthday which was great! I also got the CD's, thanks so much! I love rocking out to Joseph now. And today, I'm gonna go buy chicken and potatoes and carrots and stuff to make curry!!! Yummmm. I miss Thai food so much, you have no idea. There is no diversity out here-it's either fried chicken or Mexican food. Seriously though, there is so much fried chicken here it's not even funny. There are probably 6 different fast fried chicken places just in Clanton-and Clanton is not that big. But hey, I guess I can't complain. Fried chicken is pretty good.
Anyway, we went out to a steak place for my birthday which was decent. Not quite Christophers, but then again, that whole no diversity, only fried chicken thing comes in again. I got a few pictures of me opening the packages and today we're going to have a party kind of a thing with the sisters since sister winchester's birthday is today. So I'll send a few more pictures this week!
So on Wednesday, we also found out Elder Winfree was joining us! He is also going to Brazil, and his companion got his visa and left, so he teamed up with us. It's kind of weird working in a trio but we make do. He has to sleep on a pad on the floor poor guy...they always tell us "visa waiters" we're a part of the mission but then can't get us beds when we need it...haha not complaining, I really do like it here. This mission is great and I love it. I can't wait to come back for a Tide football game someday. But...I really can't wait to get to Brazil. I think I told you but we saw them playing a soccer game the other day and it got me so stoked to get there. Not for the soccer obviously but just to be in Brazil is going to be crazy.
I don't have a lot of time so I'll have to skip a bit and talk about the baptism! It was awesome! Jerry was so happy. Everything went so well and it was just a really cool experience. It didn't hit me until that morning but it was a real BAPTISM! We were literally opening the gates of heaven for him and bringing him that much closer to Christ. I played the piano and gave the talk, Elder H baptized him and I confimed him yesterday. I really didn't plan my talk at all, I basically winged it but it went well. I talked about 2 Nephi 31 and baptism opening the gates of heaven and enduring to the end and stuff. He was so happy-I wish y'all could have been there. Or at least come to meet Jerry cause he is just the coolest guy. His friend came to the baptism and church the next day and said this was the happiest he's seen Jerry in the 5 years he's know him. So cool. I really don't know how to express how I feel about it so sorry this is so scatterbrained! It was just an amazing, awesome experience and I can't wait for more.
Love y'all, have a wonderful week!
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment