6 MONTHS?! This has flown by. That's already 1/4th of my mission, it is going by way too quickly!!!
This week was splendid. Triple dunk fest and the sealing of a family for eternity! It doesn't get much better than that, does it?!
Amon was baptized yesterday, as well as a man named Andy. Everything went smoothly and it was just wonderful. Amon is probably the most humble man I've met in my life. After he got all changed, he came out and was congratulating us. He took no credit for himself, and said it was all because of us. He truly was the golden investigator and he well be a great member for the ward. Elder Osiemo is from Kenya as well and interviewed him in Swahili, and also confirmed him in Swahili. Amon has an amazing story and I love him! He told us he had been praying for guidance and just knew God sent us to teach him. He accepted everything we threw at him and it's amazing!
Andy is a man who has been investigating for a while. His really good friend is a member and has basically been teaching him everything. He was actually a co-founder of the Highlands Church, which is THE church in Alabama. He said it turned into a business and he hated it, so he left the church. He used to distribute anti-Mormon stuff but then he actually read it all and realized it was a bunch of crap. He started coming to church about 4 months ago and decided this week he wanted to get baptized. So that was cool as well!
The third baptism was in Centerpoint while I was on exchanges there. I really didn't have anything to do with it, but I got to see it which was cool! It was all in Spanish but I still understood most of it! Ahh, I love baptisms. There have been SO many baptisms lately, it's amazing. Last month we broke the mission record of 46 with 51. And I'm pretty sure we're going to break the 51 this month- we already have 13 in our zone alone. And while the numbers are cool, each one of those numbers is a child of God entering into the gates of heaven. I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK!!!! :)
We went through the temple this week with Miss Daisy as well!!!! That was a very cool experience. She was so happy to see me, and chose me to be a witness of her sealing. Her daughter drove down from Idaho for this, and seeing them sealed together for all time and eternity was the best. I love temple work and I love Miss Daisy! She was so cute. She was happy and there was just a glow radiating from her. I would encourage anyone reading this to go to the temple as often as you can! I know life gets busy, but the Lord will bless you if you set aside a time to go, I promise. Temple work is the best and will make you happier!
While I was on exchanges in Centerpoint, they had a priest/missionary activity. They paired each of the priests up with a missionary and we went out and knocked doors. It was pretty cool, the kid I was with was a great kid. I wish I had gotten that opportunity before I came out here, so see if you can do something similar with Jared in the future! It was a lot of fun, even though we got rejected at almost every door hahahaha. Welcome to missionary work.
I love y'all so much, thanks for everything. I got the letters from Jared and Whitney and your packages. Especially the new scriptures, these things are like my baby. I know I'm being a weird, cliche missionary, but they're beautiful. And those sugar cookies were probably the greatest thing that has happened to my companions and I. Well, not really, but kind of.
The gospel is true, the book is blue. I know that my redeemer lives. I know know know know this is the Lord's work. I am truly humbled everyday, and I just love everything about the gospel. No one will shake me from my faith and I pledge this day to never go inactive!!! I know it's easy to say as a missionary at this point, but I will follow through I promise! I would invite everyone doubting their testimony to read the Book of Mormon because it will change your life. Love you, miss you, I'm always thinking about you! Have a fantastic week!
Love,
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment