"Oh what a beautiful mornin', Oh what a beautiful day! I gotta beautiful feelin', everything's goin' my way!" Seriously though, this is probably the best day I've had weather wise my entire mission. It is nice and sunny but it's got this cold breeze and it finally feels like fall! It feels like I'm in Utah again, I love it!!!
Well, now that you know the useless fact of the weather in Alabama, wasn't conference awesome?!?! I just loved it so much, and can't wait to read my favorite talks over again. Everything kind of goes in one ear and out the other, some of it sticks, but I get the most out of re reading and studying the talks. But off the top of my head, I think my favorite was President Uchtdorf's Saturday morning talk. For someone to hear that talk and to say the church is not true just blows my mind. I loved it so much! I also really liked Oaks' talk, throwing down the law. And Scott's talk on the atonement and its strength was wonderful. And Bednar's talk on tithing was great as well. And Elder Holland ALWAYS gives good talks. And, of course, President Monson's yesterday was amazing. Seriously, I could go on for days. I just love conference so much! The bottom line I got out of it all is to constantly feed your testimony, and to endure! Matthew 11:28-30 (take my yoke upon you, for my burden is light, etc.) was quoted 4 times I believe and that applies to everyone! Life's burdens and hardships will be easier with the Savior. It can be overwhelming, but Jesus Christ is there to help you! He loves you and wants you to succeed. So continue to do what is right, and everything will work out. "Doubt your doubts, before you doubt your faith." -President Uchtdorf
Other than conference, it's been a pretty great week. We had interviews with President Hanks on Tuesday which went well. He told me he wants to keep me and that he'll miss me...if I ever leave haha. I'm gonna miss him a bunch too. He is just the greatest mission president I could imagine. What else happened this week...We found these new investigators named Chris and Will. Two roommates who just graduated from college and they both seem pretty interested. We were at an appointment early and just randomly knocked on their door, and they were really receptive! That doesn't happen too often, so that's pretty cool.
Have I told you about Tom? I don't remember what I say anymore haha. Tom is an old guy who wheeled up to us in his motorized wheelchair and told us to tell him about the Mormons. We've been teaching him ever since and he just loves everything! He came to church last week and loved it, and he should be baptized on the 20th of October! That's right after transfers, so hopefully I'm still here. He is a great man and I love teaching him. Plus, he buys milkshakes for us at chik-fil-a so that's a plus ;)
Hmm what else...We've been fed almost everyday this week, so that's real nice. The members here are great, but soooo busy. Most of them are grad students at UAB so they can't help us all the time. But this week we just happened to line up a dinner appointment almost every week, it was great. Funny story, this one member, she loves to guess missionaries' first names. She could NOT guess my name even after giving hints. So I tell her it's the name of a bank and she still can't get it. Then she says "This is taking forever, just like the last missionary I guessed! He told me his name was a verb and I just couldn't get it and then finally I got it. It was Chase. I don't even like that name anyway!" We started laughing so hard and she just didn't get it. Her husband finally asks "Wait...is it Chase too?" I said yes and she got soooooooo embarrassed. It was hilarious. She actually looks and sounds a lot like Ashely Curtis, if you need a visual.
Other than that, this week has been pretty standard. We give blessings/visit a good number of people at the UAB and childrens hospitals which is always sad. But good, cause we bring light into their life! We have a great week ahead of us, and we get to go to Tuscaloosa for one of Elder Fredrickons baptisms this Saturday!!!! Wooooooo!!! U of A, here I come :)
Love y'all so much!!! Keep doing what's right and be good little boys and girls. I think and pray about you every day, have a great week!!!
Love,
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment