This week was a bit of a dull one. We had a lot of cool things planned, but basically everything fell through and so now I don´t have much to talk about. But, you know, that´s just how life is. Everything doesn´t always work out how you plan it to, but there´s really not anything you can do about it, so look toward the future! The Lord might close a door for you, but he always opens 2 more and will never leave you empty handed.
So. Our golden investigator Sergio has become a little disinterested and doesn´t seem like he´ll progress. We had a few awesome lessons this week, but he said he hasn´t received the answer he´s looking for and doesn´t want to commit to anything until he knows everything is true. And then he partied all weekend long and didn´t want to wake up for church on Sunday. So that´s kind of a bummer. I think he´s still curious though and wants to know more. Hopefully this week we can help him feel the Spirit and find the answer he is looking for.
Next on the list is Giovanne. We passed by his house every day this week and never found him home. He loves to play soccer as soon as he gets home from school and plays until 9:30, 10 so we can never teach him. But we had a member talk to him and finally set up a baptismal inteview for him. So Friday night we brought our district leader and surprise! He wasn´t home. But we were determined so we went looking for him and actually found him! He told us he still wants to be baptized, so he was interviewed and passed and everything was great. So Saturday, we show up at his house and he´s not home. Only his cousin who says that his Dad showed up out of nowhere and took him and the entire family home with him to Santa Catarina - 5 hours away from here. Turns out his Dad sometimes picks him up for the weekend, but doesn´t have a phone and never says when he´s coming. So we were left without a baptism saturday. BAH. It was a big bummer. We had already filled up the font and everything. But ya know, it´s all good! We rescheduled for this Saturday and turns out his 11 year old brother wants to be baptized too, so we´ll baptize both of them saturday and everything will be wonderful. Like I said, the Lord will always open new doors.
I wish I had more to say, but this week was really lame. Looking to the future: Transfers are this week and Elder Gomes and I will stay together in the ipiranga ward. Elder Pereira, whom I have lived with for the past 4.5 months will leave which is pretty sad. We´ve become pretty good frineds. His companion will train a new missionary. I will have more time in the mission than the 3 other missionaries combined! Haha pretty funny. The winter is beginning here and the cold is arriving. After more than 1 year in the mission and I will finally experience a winter! Woo!
Love and miss you all so much. Sorry I couldn´t write more, but I will talk next week. And the first thing I will do is send pictures!!!! I promise. Haha email time is never long enough. Have a wonderful week and I´ll talk to you Monday! Loves!
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment