Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Hello friends, family and country men!

Hello friends, family, country men! This will be kinda short becasue I´m short on time, but I´m doing so well! Conference was exactly what I needed and I loved every minute of it. These past 4 months here in brazil have been a crazy roller coaster with more difficulties than I imagined and conference gave me the boost I needed to press foward. I had written down a few questions to prepare and then took notes on what I thought was interesting. This morning i went back through my notes, and almost every talk had part of an answer to all of my questions. I just feel at peace and ready to take on every difficulty that comes my way from here on out. One of my favorites was Elder Eyring´s talk about family ties and our ancestors. I was thinking about Frederick Weight and all the sacrifices he made for the church and most importantly his family. He started a chain that continues on through me. And now, I have a choice. i can break the chain and leave my future children without a chance, or i can continute his legacy and expand my family tree in righteousness. I think the choice is obvious ;) This conference strengthened my testimony and I know for a fact that the church is true. These men are inspired by God to lead us a guide us to a better future. We must trust in God by trusting in them and in the scriptures. I know that God lives and that Jesus Christ is literally his son and our Savior. I love my family and I am so happy I will be able to live with them for the rest of eternity. I´m just so happy right now! I hope all of you are too, and if not, let me know how i can help!

We found a 17 year old kid, Sergio, who is truly searching for the truth. he stopped us in the street and asked what the mormons are all about. We asked him if he knew where he came from and where he will go after this life and he responded these are the exact questions he has been searching his entire life. We told him all these answers are in the Book of mormon and he asked, "are you sure?" Haha pretty cool, huh? He watched conference with us on Sunday and turns out he speaks english too! So he watched in english with me and I think he really enjoyed it. He said he will definitley come back next sunday. Exciting! Giovanne will be baptized saturday and we have another mexican performance coming up. I´ll send pictures next week, but i won´t be able to now, sorry.

Love you and miss you all! Have a wonderful week!

Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment