So on the mission, we have a way of talking that might be confusing to normal folk. For example. Throughout my mission I have killed 2 Elders, I have 3 sons, and I will now become a Grandfather. Haha in other words, I was with two Elders on their last transfer, I have trained 3 elders (Technically I only trained one. The other two I was in a trio and I wasn´t technically the trainer. But I still count it :) ), and now Elder Ribeiro Gomes is going to train a new elder, thus making me a grandfather! How exciting, huh?
In other news, I´m being transferred!!! I will spend the last 3 months of my mission in Uruguaiana - on the border of Brazil and Argentina! Although I will probably not be able to enter into Argentina because of border security. Close enough though. Right? It was actually a pretty big suprise, I thought I would stay one more transfer here. At Stake Conference President Parrela told the entire stake I needed to teach them piano so that when I left they would have a pianist. One week later, he transfers me! How am I supposed to teach piano now? Haha I guess the Lord has other plans for me. I will be serving in the Setembrino de Carvalho ward, which is a pretty humble area I´ve heard. I´ll spend Christmas there, so hopefully there will be members to take me in! Although I´m pretty set with all the Christmas packages you´ve sent me - I´m sure there´s enough food in there to sustent me until the end of the mission! Haha!
Anway, this past week I spent basically saying goodbye to everyone in the ward. Goodbye´s are like the worst thing in the world. It has been so great getting to know so many good people here, and I will never forget this ward. They were so great to me, took such good care of me, and I really grew to be great friends with all of them. It feels like they adopted me into the ward, so to suddenly have to leave is pretty heartbreaking. But the one thing that made it okay was the fact that I´ll be back in 3 months. Also, the fact of this little thing called the internet. I can´t even imagine how it must have been for missionaries 15+ years ago - how lucky we are! But anway, I am so grateful to have served here in the Ibirapuitã ward. I learned so many things from the members and investigators here. As I bore my testimony yesterday, and saw the few, but strong members that were there, I just felt such a strong love for each and everyone of them. Especially as I saw Julia and Marcos, each with their families and so happy to be there. This is truly what a mission is all about. As President Parrela told us at a Zone Conference - the three greatest things we can take from our missions - Our converts, our companions, and the importance of obedience. I truly have taken these three things out of this area, and more importantly, from my mission. There are two things that are eternal - our relationships and our knowledge. The rest will be left behind - so do everything in your power to strengthen your realationships and increase your knowledge!
I love you all bunches! Merry Early Christmas!!!! Next week our P-Day was moved from Monday to Thursday so the next time we talk will be Christmas!!! Hope the preparations are special and remember - next year I´ll be right there with you!!!
Love,
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment