And walked and walked and walked and walked and walked aaaaaaaaand walked. Seriously, I don´t think I´ve ever walked so much in my life. And it didn´t help that it was 95+ degrees all week. But with hard work, comes great rewards, and man was the reward great! Marcos and Graziele got married on Friday and Marcos was baptized on Saturday!!! Finally, right? I think I´ve been telling y'all about them for about 3 months now but it all went so well! We made cute little invites for them last week, and helped them deliver all of them to the ward members and their friends and family this week. We also had to go to the wedding registry with them to get the papers all ready and pay for everything, but it all worked out just great. There were about 80 people at the wedding, which was more than I expected. We found a suit for Marcos this week from a member, and he was looking pretty spiffy if you ask me. He was so happy, but so nervous as well haha. When he went to put the ring on her finger he dropped it and spent about 30 seconds on the floor trying to pick it up. It was pretty funny. It turned out great though, we had lots of fruit and salgadinhos (little salties, kinda like mini pastries) and soda and cake. Oh yeah, this was the thrid wedding I´ve played piano at, so that´s pretty cool i guess! I think I´m the offical Alegrete Stake Pianist, because I play every week in my ward and now they´ve asked me to play at Stake Conference this weekend. So thanks Mom, for forcing me through all those piano lessons cause it really payed off!!!
So then his baptism was on Saturday. He chose me to baptize me which was really special. I really think I was sent here to baptize him. I remember the first time I taught him I invited him to be baptized, and he said yes without hesitiation. I had a feeling at that moment I would be able to see his baptism, even with all the marraige complications. So for the big day to finally arrive was a special day for me. The baptism was very small and simple, but the spirit was very strong. Marcos has the most contagious smile, and he was just shining of happiness, it was wonderful. They truly are a special couple, and I can´t wait to see them go through the temple in one year! It will be a great day.
So other than that, nothing too exciting happened this week. Oh yeah! Thanksgiving! So we couldn´t really have a full on thanksgiving feast due to a lack of funds, time, and food options, but we did have our own little celebration! We bought some chickens (turkey is extremely expensive), mashed potatoes, rolls, juice and brownies and cooked it all up that night. We went around the table and talked of the things we are thankful for, just like Mom loves it. It wasn´t close to the same as being with the family, but it´s better than nothing right? And it´s the last one ever with out y'all!!! I was really missing the whole turkey bowl part haha!
I have to get going, but I love you all! Happy December!!! I´ll talk to you Monday!!!
Love,
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment