Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas in the new area!

Hello friends and family!!! Sorry I didn´t have the chance to write last week, but we didn´t have much time with the computer. But I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas! It was hard to be away from all of you, but next year will be the greatest Christmas yet! 

So my new area is called Setembrino, and it´s basically at the very edge of the city here in Uruguiana. The area is pretty small, but we live about a 40 minute walk from our area. But I guess it´ll help me to stay skinny for when I get home, right?? Haha it has been really hot lately, but with lots of rain too, so that has been nice. Friday night there was a ginormous storm with tons of lightning and wind and rain and hail and everything! The power went out and everything, it was actually pretty cool. We took some videos I´ll have to show you someday. Anyway, my new area pretty great. It´s really, really poor, but the people are very humble and receptive here. There are a lot of good members as well, and a nice chapel close to the area. There are a ton of recent converts as well, but most of them are already inactive. So we are trying to search them out, as well as finding a lot of new investigators. The elders who were here before left us a few good investigators as well. We are teaching two youth who are liking the church a lot. They were supposed to be baptized the week we got here, but their parents ended up not allowing them to be baptized. Then this week the young man´s grandfather died, which was really hard on him. We are going to teach him about the plan of salvation tonight - what a blessing to have the gospel right? I can´t imagine how hard it would be for me to not have the knowledge of this gospel in my life. Families really can be together forever, and that is the greatest piece of knowlege that exists!!! 

Christmas was great as well. It was so wonderful to get to talk to you, and made me even more excited to get home!!! Haha there´s still a lot of work for me to do here, but I am very excited to finally see y'all again. This Chrismtas I realized just how much you all mean to me. I honestly didn´t need all the presents and food and festivities, I just neeeded to be able to talk with you and my Christmas was wonderful. I love you all so much and miss you with all my heart!!! Have a great new year, and I´ll talk to you next week!

Love,

Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment