Happy New Year to all of you! If you are getting this/reading this email, know that I am so appreciative of you in my life! I love you and hope you had/have a great new year! This has to have been one of the strangest new year´s in my life. Ever since I was little I always planned on serving a mission from 2013-2015 and it always felt so far away. So when I realized on Wednesday night 2015 had ACTUALLY arrived, I almost didn´t believe it. I think I still don´t believe I´ll actually be coming home this year and get back to real life. It´s a feeling I really don´t know how to explain. So for now I´ll try to forget about that and focus on the work!
This week was a bit difficult with all the new years festivities. A lot of people were traveling or partying or sleeping or getting drunk which makes out for depressed missionaries. But we did find some new investigators luckily, and visited a lot of the members. I think we finally got to know every active member now, so that´s nice. This week we met a single mom with 5 kids and she was really open to the message. Her mother-in-law (well, ex) is a member of another ward here, but she had never met with the missionaries! Her kids are all younger, but they are so dang cute! We were only able to teach her 2 times until now, but both lessons have been great. She has begun reading the book of mormon already and she is great! We´ll do a better follow up this week to see. We found a few others as well, but we´ll have to wait and see this week.
New Years was pretty great as well! We got together with some other elders, made a bunch of food, played games, and just had a good time together! There were tons of fireworks at midnight here and continued all night long. People are still lighting them off until today! Made it a little hard to get a little bit of sleep, but what do you do about that, eh?
Well, sorry this is so short, but I have to get going! Know that I love you and think about you always! Y'all are so important in my life and I´m so lucky to have you. I really don´t know where I´d be without you, definitely not here on my mission. Have a wonderful week and a wonderful new year! I hope you all made some good goals. I heard a good story this week I´d like to share. A man was teaching a class at church and grabbed a jar and called it life. He got a bunch of big rocks and stuck them in the jar and asked the kids if the jar was full. They responded yes. Then he grabbed a bunch of gravel and put it in the jar to fit inbetween the cracks. He asked again - is it full? They responded kinda of a yes. Then he put some sand in the jar and filled it to the top and asked - is it full? And finally filled the rest of the jar to the top with water and asked - is it full now? Then he asked the kids - what can we learn from this. The kids responded - even when we think we are doing everything in our lives, we can always fill it with more things to be more productive. The man then responded - NO! You missed the whole point. We have to place the big rocks in our lives first, or we will never be able to fit them in.
So at the beginning of this year ask yourself - what are the big rocks in my life and am I putting them first? And remember that the biggest rock of every one of us should be the gospel. "Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven, and all these things will be added upon you" As you make goals for this coming year, make sure you make the big rocks, and the small rocks small rocks. I love you all!!! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment