Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Short Update

Friends and family,

Another week has past and what a great week it was! The weather calmed itself down a bit, so we finally were able to get some good solid work done. There aren´t a whole lot of news though. We spend a lot of our time contacting lots of our contacts and referrals, finding and cutting our investiagors, and hunting out the less active members! 

Carlos is progressing well, we´re just waiting on a response from president parrela. We never were able to get back in contact with the two youth who were basically ready to be baptized when we got here. They like disappeared, and don´t answer their phones anymore. Liziane, who is the single mom with five kids hasn´t really been progressing. she´s usually really busy taking care of all her kids, so maybe right now isn´t her hour. But she is great. This week we found a man who was going to church faithfully and wanted to be baptized about a year ago, but his wife didn´t want to get married nor go to church, so he stopped going to church. Well, a few weeks ago his wife passed away and we will take advantage. Haha that sounds terrible, but he is a really good guy and likes the church a lot. So hopefully he can be baptized soon! We had a family night with Sister Loide and her family and they are doing great. She is going to take a lawyer to divorce her first husband this month so that she can be married as soon as possible. Her and all her family came to church on Sunday and it was so great to see them here! They´re so sweet and wonderful to us and I´m excited for you to meet them!

Well, I´m short on time, but I really don´t have much to say! I love being a missionary, I love this gospel and I have no doubt these things are true. I have helped other people come unto the truth, but the most important soul I have converted is my own. Before my mission I really believed, but now I truly know! God lives and loves us all. Through the gospel plan we can be happy in this life and after as well. Continue to choose the right, because there is nothing more important in this life than obedience to the gospel. I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week! Until next monday!

Love,

Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment