Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Still in Clanton . . .


Hey there!
So this week is transfers and I will be staying in Clanton! Whoop! I could still get my visa at any time and leave but for now I'll be here! One of the sisters in Clanton, Sister Duncan is actually going home this week. She has been having some bad health problems so she has to go home 4 months early. So that's pretty sad but I think she's okay. Her companion Sister Casperson has only been here 6 weeks and she's already going to be a trainer. So crazy. So Whitney Carlson could be coming to Clanton with me! That would be so cool.
This week we went to the temple in Birmingham! It was so cool. It's a beautiful temple but it's tiny. Especially compared to Provo. I'll send some pictures this week. I'm so glad I was able to go to the temple here before going to Brazil. I just love how the spirit of the temple is the same no matter where you go! It doesn't matter who you're with or where you are, you can always feel the awesome spirit that is in the temple. Only being able to go once every three weeks to a temple 45 minutes away really makes you appreciate Utah and the 8 temples within 45 minutes! Haha well close to 8.
By way of teaching/finding people, it hasn't been the best week. People flake out on appointments all the time and it's pretty annoying. Especially when you bike all the way out there and then they aren't home. Meh. But we are doing the best we can with what we have! Biking is tiring but it's better than walking. It would be nice to have a car but we don't and it's all okay. It's been a lot cooler this week. The rain has stuck around so it's still pretty humid, but the sun hasn't really been out too much so it's not quite as hot. It's one thing to have humidity, but humidity AND the sun beating down on you isn't too fun.
So while teaching/talking to people hasn't been too great this week, we've been getting pretty close to a lot of the members. We've been over at Brother Kamerer's a bit and he's a great guy. He's a huge Alabama fan and he's trying to get me to Roll Tide but I won't do it. I think I would pick Bama over Auburn but I'm still a cougar at heart. He told me to start saying I was born a cougar but by the grace of God I Roll Tide. Haha I guess that is true. Funny story, we were at his house yesterday and he has this birds nest in a welcome wreath next to his door. Four birds were living there and it was kinda fun to watch them every now and then. So today we walk up and there's this huge snake all wrapped up in the nest chomping on one of the birds. He had already eaten the other three and was finishing up the last one when we got there. We slowly walked inside and watched him slither away. Pretty freaky haha. I got a video I'll have to show you when I get home. Or maybe I'll be able to send it at one point.
 We've been getting fed more often which is soooo good. They can cook a lot better than us and we usually get all the leftovers. I did make pancakes and syrup with those recipes you sent the other day though! They were delicious. We have food to cook, but we are always so tired/lazy we usually end up cooking frozen pizzas haha. But I got the crock pot so I think we'll start using that! We only get $155 each per month for all our expenses which isn't a ton, but it's enough.
Well, I'm doing well and I love and miss y'all! I've gotten 4 postcards now-I don't know how many you've sent. I also got letters from Jared and Whitney which was nice! I'll write you back this week! I am doing well and working hard! We try to keep up on our portuguese but it's hard. We get language study in every now and then but we don't always have time. We actually met a Brazilian today and were able to talk with her a little bit! It made me realized just how unprepared I am to speak but It'll all be okay! I could understand her pretty well but talking is a different story.
Thanks for all your love and support! I love you so much! I'm so grateful for all y'alls examples in my life. You mean the world to me! Have a good week!
Love,
Elder Weight
P.S. Seriously though, SOMEONE tell me how star trek was :)

No comments:

Post a Comment