Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

2 Months down . . . 22 to go


Look at that! It's already been 2 months! At some points it feels like it's been forever but at others I can't believe it's already June!
 
This week went by crazy fast again. Our District Leader, Elder Ingersoll joined us for 2 days this week. He is from American Fork and actually went to Lone Peak. So that's pretty cool! Since we don't have a trainer, he basically helped us out with all the un written techniques for teaching and talking to people and stuff. He helped us find a bunch of new and potential investigators and we should be having a baptism this month! We were at Wendy's when this lady came up to us and basically asked for a Book of Mormon. We didn't have any with us but the next day we went over to her house to teach her. We gave her a Book of Mormon and taught her all about the restoration and the church. The spirit was really strong and she was so open to the message! Her mom is handicapped and her brothers and sisters won't help her out at all, so she basically takes care of her mother. She said she felt like she just wanted to give up until she met us. She says she can't wait to start reading the Book of Mormon and as soon as we brought up baptism, she said yes. So cool. The Lord really does prepare people, we just have to trust in Him that he will lead us to them. This work is amazing and I can't believe how much I've already learned! It's been really hard for me to just go up and talk to random people but I'm getting better and better at it. I still have a long way to go, but it's at least getting less awkward!
 
Let's see, what else happened this week...last Sunday we biked probably like 20-25 miles which was...fun...ish. I am getting better at biking, it just get's really tiring. Especially since it's getting so hot and humid. It's been raining a bit the past few days which you think would help-but it just makes it worse. It makes it about 10 times as humid and 10 times as miserable haha. I'm learning how to just live in sweat cause there's no way to avoid it. The other day we got caught in this big rainstorm which at first was kinda annoying, but then it was actually pretty fun. Life's an adventure, so make it one! I think I have a couple funny pictures I could send you. I hope you got the pictures I sent! Or at least Erica and the kids. I'll send a few more this week.
 
I've gotten 5 postcards so far- SLC and Detroit, then Prague, Czech (i think) and Holland. It was pretty cool to see them all! I definitely need to take a trip to Europe at some point in my life. It looks beautiful. I haven't gotten Dad's email yet, so he'll have to Dear Elder it to me. Mail from Provo takes about 3 days to get here-that includes dear elders. But at least it's not 3 weeks like Brazil is going to be! No word on my visa yet but hopefully soon! I really like it here and I'll be sad to go but Brazil just sounds so appealing right now. Mostly for the weather...they're going into winter right now which means like 70's! Ahhhh. That'll be nice.
 
How are things in Provo, kids? Enjoying summer? Feel free to write or email me! I love getting letters :D I got a letter from Macall this week which was nice and also from a few of my friends. Any mission call news? Seen Star Trek yet? I miss me some Benedict Cumberbatch. That's probably going to be one of my top 5 movies I see when I get back right behind the 2 hobbits :) Eu amo voces! Eu sei que a igreja e verdadeiro. Tem um bom semana! Muito amor! (translation: I love you guys! I know that the church and true. Have a good week! Much love!)
 
-Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment