Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Week 2 in Alabama


HEY Y'ALL!!!
This week went by SUPER fast. The first week was slower than molasses but I can't believe it's already P-Day. We continue to work and teach and bike around! Yesterday I think we biked around 20 miles. We were trying to visit a bunch of less actives but all of them either weren't home or didn't exist. The roads here are so annoying. If it's not in the city limits, every street is called county road #blank. Luckily, one of the sisters had an extra GPS for us to use which has been helpful. We have one investigator right now (Molly) who hopefully will be baptized soon! She is having a hard time accepting the Book of Mormon just because she loves the Bible so much. I guess it would be hard since the Bible is all she has had growing up and now we're trying to force this new book upon her. But I think the spirit is really working on her and I think she'll come around. The great thing about her is that she has like a crew that follows her. Her cousin, her friend, and 3 little hispanic boys. They all look up to her and go to church wherever she goes to church. We have been teaching all of them, but they're kinda like waiting to see if Molly accepts it first. Other than that, we kinda just go around looking for people to teach. Everyone goes to some kind of church so it's hard to get people interested. One thing I've realized being here is how little I actually know about other religions. Do you think you could send me like a short summary of other religions and what they believe and stuff? Specifically Baptists, Catholics, and Jehovahs Witnesses. Just whenever you have time :)
I am so grateful to be on a mission. There is nothing I'd rather be doing and it's awesome! We just have one purpose: to bring others unto Christ and it's awesome. I think one of the reasons I'm in Alabama right now is to strenghthen my testimony of the gospel. With all these other churches and people trying to convince you they are wrong, it forces you to really think about it all. And I've realized, it ALL revolves around the Book of Mormon. No just that it contains a lot of our doctrine, but that it's kind of like proof of the church. If the book of mormon is true, Joseph smith was a prophet. If he's a prophet, everything revealed to him is true. If everything revealed to him is true, this truly is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! So gain your own testimony of the book of mormon if you haven't yet! It is a great help but you need your own testimony so pray about it! Moroni 3:4-6 :D
I always say this but I love and miss yall so much! I pray for you every day and I think about you ALL THE TIME. Don't forget that! I love all your updates and pictures and stuff so keep em coming! Hope you have a good week, remember who you are, don't ever change, HAGS, etc, etc. It is yearbook signing time, right? Haha love you!!!
-Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment