Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Week...4...? Ish. More like 5.

(Editor's note: Chase's p-day was moved from Tuesday to Friday so hence the 4ish. He loves letters so feel free to send them as you can.)


It feels like forever since I've talked to you! Oh wait! It has! :)

It's been a loooooong week and half yet at the same time, the shortest week and a half. I really have no sense of time here.

Well, first off, Elder Barnhart in our district got his visa last week and left to Brazil on Tuesday! So crazy! We were not expecting it at all and it was a huge suprise to our district. We all miss him a ton; he was a great guy. So now Elder Galbreath has joined Elder Henderson and I as a trio companionship. He studies languages for fun and is basically already fluent in Portuguese which is nice;) Hah. But my Portuguese gets better and better each day. I still have struggles speaking a whole lot, but it's amazing how much I can understand. In just 4 ish weeks I can understand basically everything my teacher and investigators say. I'm sure once I get to Brazil it'll sound completely different, but right now I'm feeling pretty good! It's really a cool language. It's almost like all the cool Spanish stuff mixed with French and Italian. It's awesome.

So let's see...what else happened this week? My favorite teacher I've had here quit because of a job opportunity. So that was pretty sad. He was a great guy. He really cared about each one of us individually and truly wanted us to learn the language. We've been trying to only speak in portuguese as a district which works sometimes...but it's hard since everyone else here speaks English. I was able to give a blessing to my companion when he was sick and Sister Moberg since she's been sick as well. Those were some cool experiences. Priesthood power is real! What else...Elder Henderson's grandma passed away but I don't think it really had an effect on him. He didn't really know her and he knew she was able to return to her husband. The plan of salvation is such a beautiful thing. I can't imagine ever being happy in life without that knowledge! I've also been able to be an investigator for others in my district. It really helps to put yourself in their shoes and feel what they feel. I think being an investigator has helped me understand how to teach people individually, instead of just teaching the lessons. On Sunday I played the piano in Sacrament meeting! It was a little rough but it was fun to be able to play agian. I didn't realized how much I liked playing until I couldn't anymore!

That paragraph was getting long. I'll start a new one. The night before Elder Barnhart left we started having district spotlights. At the end of the day, we get to ask one person whatever questions we want and then we say one thing we like about the person. It's been an awesome bonding experience for our district and helps us get to know each other better. Like I said before, I can't imagine not spending my entire mission with this district!!! It'll be a sad parting. Last night was my turn for the spotlight which was great. I was able to share a little bit more of my testimony and they all said some really nice things about me. Probably too nice. I don't feel like I've been the best leader but they seem to disagree! I guess I'll just keep it up and work to get better and better each day!

This morning I finished the Book of Mormon in the Celestial room of the temple!!! Woohoo!! I read the last 160 pages in the last 24 hours...haha. We didn't have a teacher in one of our classes yesterday so I just read for 3 hours straight. I love it! I've always heard about how important the Book of Mormon is but never actually realized just how central it is! I would reccommend everyone to read every day because it really will bless your lives! If you want your relationship with God and with Christ to grow, the best way to do that is through the Book of Mormon! So I challenge all of you to pray and read in the Book of Mormon daily!

Alright, package time. There still hasn't been a day without a package. Besides Sundays. Even if you don't send me one, I miraculously get one from someone else. This past week I got snickerdoodles from Grandma which were delicious! I got a package from Nicole which contained pretty much all of my favorite things. Martinellis, happy cola, mambas, America, and Nutella. I pulled the Nutella out and my district and I ate like half the bottle in about 10 minutes. Shows just how much we LOVE the food here! (Sarcasm if you can't tell) And of course, I got all of your treats. Those red velvet cookies were heaven, the snicker doodles were heaven+1 and the 7 layer bars were heaven mulitiplied by eight billion. I think those are my favorite so far. And my district is seriously in love with you. Expect something in the mail soon...

Well,  I don't know what more to say! I know I say this everytime but I think and pray for each one of you everyday! I miss you guys but I KNOW this is where I'm supposed to be and I KNOW I made the best decision of my life. I can see myself changing quite a bit, and it's only been a month! Not going to lie, the first few days I think I was making myself sick just so I could possibly go home. But now I really do just want to forget myself and serve the Lord. I can't wait to get out into the field and bring people unto Christ! It's such an exciting work we have here. I will be getting my re assignment this week so I'll be able to call you on Thursday! So make sure you're home that night! Let me know what time would be the best to call you. Have the best week ever! I'll talk to you on Thursday!!! :D

-Elder Weight


Chase with is MTC District
Preparing to Baptize with Comp

No comments:

Post a Comment