Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Last week in the MTC!


Hi family!
 
I'M GOING TO ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM!!!!! WHEEEEE!!! I'm so excited. I think it's the same mission as Whitney Carlson and Kelsey Edwards so make sure you let them know friends! Too bad I don't have their emails.
 
How are things going? I'm so excited for Jared being VP! That' so cool. He's going to be so great. I guess summer's almost over, huh? Hehe! Time is flying over here so I hope it's flying for you too!
 
This week has been a blur yet again! I guess I'll start with last Saturday! We play sand volleyball as a district every gym time now and it's so fun. I was never really a volleyball fan before but playing in the sand just makes it so much better. I always say this but I have the best district you could ever imagine. I am so lucky to be the district leader of such a great group of people. IT's awesome. We all get along so well and have so much fun. I'm going to miss them SO MUCH! They all say hi to y'all and I love you to mom. Those cakes you sent were amazing! We all love your treats!!!
 
So Sunday was pretty normal. I think that's the longest I've ever fasted...haha! We didn't eat until5:30 but that's okay! It's always good to suffer a bit for a good cause. That night Chad Lewis spoke to us at the devotional! He is such a cool guy! I've heard him speak multiple times before but it was still so awesome! He talked about when he hiked mount kilamanjaro (however you spell that) with the war veterans. He is an inspiring man!
 
Monday I got two packages- the cookies from you which were delicious and cookies from Nicole! She made probably the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had. So yummy. But other than that not much else happened. I got brownies from Doug the next day which was so nice! He wrote a nice note and so I'll definitely have to write him! Oh! Do you have Spencer's email/address? I want to write him!
 
Then Wednesday was CRAZY! We had class in the morning and finally committed one of our investigators to baptism! Although, I'm not going to be able to teach him ever again! So that's sad. Then I got to be a host missionary for the newbies. I hosted an elder from Canada and one from Seattle. They were both English speaking but it was still fun to host. So THEN a bunch of people got their re assignments early by checking the computer! They all were assigned to various missions in California but I didn't get mine. So I was pretty bummed. I kept checking like every two seconds but it wasn't there! Side note- I played 4 square at gym that day which was quite nostalgic. I forgot how fun it is! Anyway, that night I checked again and it had changed to Alabama! So crazy! We all started freaking out and it was so cool. But we thought we would all be leaving Monday or Tuesday until we got our travel plans which said Saturday! We coudn't believe it! They told us less than 2 days before we would leave. So we freaked out again. I haven't been able to focus on like anything because I'm so dang excited! Y'ALL! Whee!!!
 
Anyway, sorry this wasn't too long, I don't have much time! I'll have more time to talk at the airport! I love you all! Hopefully I can stuff all my crap into my bags! I think I might be payin' some big bucks in baggage fees.....oh well! Hopefully I'll figure out how to not pay too much! Moito amor! Tchau
 
Love,
Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment