I don't have a lot of time because they library here is the devil. Haha not really but they shut the computers off 15 minutes before they close so I only have 20 minutes to email today. Woo! I probably don't have time to reply to each of you (Mom and Dad) or really to most of my friends today. Sorry about that! But if you send me a hard copy of your emails, I can write during the week. Make sure my friends have my address so they can write me, I don't have time to reply to 10 emails every day! :)
Well, it's been a crazy week. This really is the hardest work I've done in my life but I love it!!! It's discouraging sometimes, especially here in the south, but you just carry on! EVERYONE here has their church and they're happy. Most of the time, no matter what you do, they don't want to hear it. They like their church and they like their bible and they don't want another! Haha. They are all really nice, they LOVE to talk, and even if they aren't interested in the church, they will still talk to you for hours about the most random things. We have had some success, though. We have an investigator named Molly who is awesome. She has her church, but she said she felt like it was missing something. She has already read through 2 nephi and it's only been a week and she says she really likes it. She loves the Bible and has been a bit hesitant about the book of Mormon, but I think she's starting to realize it's similar and not much of a change! She said she has been praying about it so hopefully she gets her confirmation soon! Miranda was baptized on Tuesday! Her Mom came as well which was awesome since she's not a member. Apparanly it took them a while to convince her to let Miranda be baptized so that was cool she was able to come. We gave her a blessing after the baptism which was also cool. Priesthood power is definitely real, y'all. It's really amazing how much I've learned so far. Not only about the church but about myself. Missions really give you a new perspective on life in general and also shows you some flaws you need to work on. I'm not perfect, but I work hard every day and the Lord helps me out. The Lord is hastening his work and I'm so glad to be a part of it. Love and miss you so much! I taped up some pictures in my apartment so I can see your smiling faces every day. Have a good week! Send me some real mail so I actually have time to reply! XOXO!
No comments:
Post a Comment