Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Week three!

(Sorry we forgot this one - we'll get it figured out soon.)


Well! Another week is gone! The days move by so slowly but the weeks fly by in no time! I'm halfway done already! So weird!!!

I have been called as District Leader in District 69-G! Pretty exciting, huh? Elder Griffits was the district leader before, but he was called as the zone leader. Now I go get the mail and can pick up packages as soon as they get here! So that's fun! And now I get a little bit of a glimpse into Dad's life on Sundays ha ha. My district and I are still loving the packages. They joke that they feel more love from you than they do from their own mom's. I know everyone says this, but I seriously have the best district ever. I can't imagine not spending my entire mission with them. They're all so fun and kind and just easy to hang out with. It's gonna be a sad departure in 3 weeks. I think at the end my time here, I'm going to have to send a package to you with all the random leftover stuff I don't need.

Anyway, last Tuesday Richard G. Scott spoke to us at the devotional! It was so cool!!! We had no idea he was coming until he walked in! I was singing in the choir that night which was an awesome experience! I got to sing to an apostle! Although, I have done that already ;) He spoke about prayer and had some cool points. I'll have to tell you about it in a hand written letter. Email time is really limited!

Portuguese is coming...I pick up more and more everyday and I'm starting to talk a lot more in the lessons! So that's good! The lesson yesterday was my best yet I think. I was talking and conjugating and testifying and everything! But still, Eu não falo Portuguese moito bem. Mas, tudo bem! (Translation: I do not speak Portuguese very well. But, okay!) We have two teachers but my favorite one is leaving this week! He was awesome and really wanted us to learn and progress. He was so nice and fun but he's taking an internship up in Salt Lake. So that's too bad. Hopefully our new teacher will be good! We got to teach volunteers at the TRC last week which was fun! It was a little bit rough, but I liked it. It felt more real than teaching our teachers. Half of me just wants to leave right now, but the other half of me never wants to leave!

The BYU mens chorus did our devotional on Sunday night which I obviously enjoyed. They sang some cool songs. Anytime I can listen to music is great since we can't listen to music here. I think I'm going to try out for Mens Chorus when I get home. It looks like a lot of fun and I just love choir and music so much!

I've been feeling sick pretty much the entire time I've been here. Other times it's been worse than others, but in the mornings I always feel sick. Maybe I'm still not used to getting up at 6:30.

Well, I don't have much else to tell you! The MTC is pretty routine so not many interesting things happen. I always think of things I need to tell you during the week but then forget about it. I'll start writing stuff down during the week I want to tell you. I did find out that I get to call you the day I am re assigned which will probably be May 7th!!!!! I also get to call you at the airport. So that will be fun! But I won't get to call you on Mother's Day :( I got letters from Mom, Jared, Whitney, and Erica! That was awesome! I really only have time to write letters on Tuesdays so I'll be mailing out replies today! I love getting letters so keep sending them! This goes to my friends too! :)

I love you all so much! I think about you all the time and I pray for you every day. I just want you to know that God loves you too and He is always there for you! The church is true. I'm about halfway through Alma in the Book of Mormon now and I love it! The Book of Mormon is the word of God and reading it really will help your lives. Eu sei que O livro de Mormon e verdedeiro. Attraves a expiacao de Cristo, nos podemos voltar a Deus. Muito amor! Tchau! (Translation: I know that the Book of Mormon and true. Through the Atonement of Christ, we can return to God. Much love! Bye!)

Love,
Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment