I don't have a lot of time to email today because we had to take this huge survey that took like 20 minutes. So I probably don't have a lot of time to respond to your emails but know that I love and appreciate all of you! I love getting all the updates from home so keep sending them even if I can't respond haha.
This week has been great! The new district leader and the new zone leaders came up to Clanton and helped us out a bit! They had a car so it was nice to be able to visit a lot of the people who live far away. They had a meeting the next day in birmingham so they all slept over at our apartment. Of course, at that exact time, our water stopped working. I guess they sent the bill to SLC instead of AL so they just shut our water off! They didn't get it fixed until the next day so just imagine 6 elders in one apartment with no water. HA. The mission is definitely an adventure!
This week we have been getting Jerry ready for his baptism on Saturday! He is so excited. He reads from the book of Mormon every day and says he loves it. Elder Henderson is going to baptize him and I'm going to confirm him and give the talk at the baptism. He has quit smoking for about a week and a half now and he says it's so hard. But he is so strong. It's so cool to see someone completely change because of this gospel! Missionary work is amazing!
The worldwide broadcast thing yesterday was cool, wasn't it? Did you go? I was looking for you when they would pan over the audience haha! It was like a mini general conference specifically about missionary work! I love it! Yesterday I was thinking about faith after reading Alma 32. In Priesthood, the teacher brought something up I had never thought about. He asked "Have you ever regretted keeping a commandment or making the right choice?" It really made me think a lot about faith and planting that seed. If it is a good seed, it will bring forth good fruit. If it is a good commandment, it will bring good things into your life. We just need to have that faith to continue to live the gospel and make the right choices. Plant that seed, don't spit it out and continue to nourish it and it will grow into a massive tree! I can already see my faith growing each and every day. Go read Alma 32 cause it's awesome! I've been reading the book of mormon counting how many times it says faith and I'm up to 131 through Alma 32. So cool!!!
I love you all so much, thanks for everything!!! I am so grateful to have such great family. Y'all are an inspiriation and I think and pray for you every day! I love getting your emails and packagaes and letters, keep em coming! Sorry this is so short but I hope you have a wonderful week! There's a storm a brewin here, so biking home should be fun ;) Look for some more pictures to come this week! Love you!
-Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment