Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Week of 6/17/2013

Well hello there!

How are y'all doing? Another week gone! So crazy. After this week I will have been on my mission for 12 weeks! So weird. It's already flying by, that's for sure!

I got that book with the missionary references/other religions which was great! A sister in my MTC district actually had one and it'll help a lot. I also got the debit card in the mail? What is that for?! Thanks for all the candy and the letters and stuff. The religion stuff is really gonna help. It's just really interesting to learn about other religions, and also strengthens my testimony of this church. Not bashing on other churches, this is just the only church that really makes sense to me haha!

This week has been great! It's back to being really hot again. It hasn't rained like at all so it's been in the 90's everyday I think. Add the humidity and biking EVERYWHERE, it's really hot. But you just deal with it and push through, right? We have been able to teach a lot of people this week and it's been awesome! It's really quite weird how you think one person will progress and definitely get baptized and another not progress and definitely not get baptized and it completely switches! That lady Tanya that we met at Wendy's hasn't really seemed too interested anymore, but a guy named Jerry we have been teaching should be baptized in two weeks! He completely quit smoking this week just from us asking him too, and yesterday at church, we learned about tithing in Priesthood and right after he asked where he could pay his tithing. So cool!!! He is an awesome person with a huge personality and it's so fun to just talk to him. The Lord really does prepare people, and most of the time, it's not the people you would expect! So if everything goes right, he'll be baptized on the 29th!

I spoke in church yesterday and it was really good, I think. I talked a lot about Dad and also about missionary work. I made it funny and interesting so hopefully they enjoyed it. I kinda wrote it out so I think I'll send you a copy this week! I also sent a few pictures which you should get tomorrow or wednesday.

This week we have found quite a few new/potential investigators. Sometimes you can't tell if people are just being nice or if they really are interested. And a lot of the time they'll just read the Book of Mormon for academic purposes. It's really hard to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon if all you do is compare it to the Bible! You just have to take it as it is with an open heart. I've found it hard to teach some people just because they are SO set in their ways and really don't want to change. There are a few who truly are searching for the truth, I guess I just need to find them! Sorry this has kind of turned into a rant; I don't really know who I'm talking to right now. But! Just read the Book of Mormon "with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ!" And then I know from personal experience that the answer will come!

I hope everything is going well! I love y'all so much and I can't wait to talk to you soon! I've been in Alabama for 5 weeks now and I can't believe it! I'm excited to go to Brazil, and I still practice my portuguese, but I really do like it here. It might not be what I'm used to, but it's still America which means A/C, walmart, heating, and football haha! People love football around here and it's a really good conversation starter. Even if I'm not the biggest Tide fan ha! I've been trying to find souviniers to get ya'll around here but Clanton is not the biggest place in the world...Maybe I'll just have to wait until I get to the airport or something.

Love and miss you so much! Thanks for all the support and love! I hope you have a great week, keep in touch! Tchau!

Love,

Elder Weight


Welcome to the South

No comments:

Post a Comment