This week was pretty good. It flew by and I hardly remember what happened. Nothing too interesting so this might be a bit short.
First and foremost, our two investigators that were going to be baptized kinda fell off the deep end. We think Mikeitha heard some anti or just got scared or something but we haven't seen her since last week. We show up to their house and Tellas answers high as a kite. Not good haha. We could tell he felt pretty guilty and told us not to come back. But he kept the book of mormon and said he wanted to keep reading it. So maybe he'll turn around in a while - I really hope so cause he is a good man. So that was the bummer of the week, but many good things happened too! We got a referral from a return missionary in the area - a kid named Jacob. The zone leaders went to lunch with him and he asked them when he can be baptized. So the ZLs introduced him to us and we set his date for next Saturday, the 23rd. He is a solid kid, about 20 years old, and I think he really will be dunked. He's got a bit of a chewing tobacco problem but he's already cut down from 2 cans to 2 dips a day so I don't think it'll be a problem. He told us he just really wants to come closer to God and basically already knows the church is true. He's a funny guy and skipped the Tide game to go to a YSA dance. And this kid's a HUGE bama fan. Now that's dedication.
Speaking of the tide, we may or may not have gone to Applebee's during the Bama-LSU game. I mean, we figured we gotta go where the people are right? Plus, our waitress was asking us a bunch of questions and we sent her info to the missionaries so that's pretty cool right? The first half of the game was INTENSE, and then we had to go. I guess the tide whipped them afterward so that's pretty cool. ROOOOOOOOOOOLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!
So that was Saturday and I literally don't know what happened the rest of the week. We did a bunch of service, saw a bunch of less actives, weeded out a bunch of our potential investigators - none of them have potential but that's alright. Now we can spend our time with the ones who do have potential! What else...zone training was on Tuesday which was good. I like this zone a lot better than my last zone, mostly because of the leaders. Elder Fredrickson and Bickley are hilarious and make missionary work fun. And that's how it should be! If life is not fun, it's not worth living. Same thing with missions. If you're not enjoying it, what is the point of it? And guess what? You can enjoy your mission AND be obedient! They're not directly related. That's why our motto is #workhardplayhard and #enjoyyourmission! Ahh, I just love my mission a lot.
So the week wasn't too interesting, but yesterday was wonderful. Guess who showed up to church? MEGAN WITH TWO KIDS. We could not believe our eyes. Prayer is so real, I can't even believe it. If you don't remember or didn't hear, we started praying specifically for people with the Youngs, a family in the ward. Sister Young prayed for Megan with two kids off the top of her head, and we started praying for her. Turns out there's a less active in the ward named Megan with two kids. They show up to the halloween activity and then her and her husband and kids show up for all three hours of church yesterday. Elder Harman was going to share the entire story in testimony meeting yesterday but couldn't because they were there. But it is amazing how the Lord hears and answers our prayers. So remember to say your prayers every night and day because I promise God is there and will answer. One of my favorite scriptures: 2 Nephi 32:9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must apray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall bpray unto the Father in the cname of Christ, that he will dconsecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the ewelfare of thy soul.
Yesterday JaJuan also blessed the sacrament which was one of the coolest things ever. He went out and bought a white shirt and tie by himself and took out his earing so he could bless. AND THEN he bore his testimony. It's stuff like this that makes my mission worth it. It is flying by and I already miss it. It will be a sad day when I am going home. We'll see if I say that same thing once I get to Brazil haha. I know it'll be hard, but it'll be an adventure and I'm excited. I know everything will work out - The Lord is in control, right?
Well, I love y'all so much! Hope your week was great and hope this week will be even better!
Love,
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment