This week has just been chalked full of cool experiences, it's been wonderful. I guess I should start out with the big news: I GOT MY VISA! I don't think I'm technically supposed to know yet but I'm telling everyone anyway. Elder Henderson talks to the secretaries in our mission every week and it finally came through! I'll leave December 9th most likely, so I've got a bit of time to brush up on my Portuguese and baptize some investigators here in Huntsville!
So Tuesday I went on an exchange with Elder Matson, a Spanish elder. It was a lot of fun, he's a cool guy. We had a lesson with a SOLID family that night and it went really well. The husband was baptized a few weeks ago, but the wife just had a baby so her and their two boys are waiting for a little bit. Their boys are 10 and 11 years old so we taught them in English. We started with baptism and the member with us went off on John the Baptist and holy of holies and baptism signifying burial and rebirth but we brought him back on track. Members love going on crazy tangents for some reason, it's weird. But the lesson went very well, the Spirit was very strong. We committed all three of them to baptism next Saturday and they're very excited. Hopefully I can go to their baptism.
While I was gone, Elder Harman had some really cool experiences too. So about a week ago, we were visiting a family, the Young's. We were talking about missionary work and what we can do to help them. We decided we would pray specifically for someone and let God help us! Off the top of her head, Sister Young said Megan with two kids. Ever since then, we all have been praying to find a Megan with two kids. So Elder Harman was visiting a few less actives while I was gone and the next day he realized her name was Megan and she had 2 kids. We started freaking out and couldn't believe it. So then Wednesday night we had a ward Halloween activity and guess who came? MEGAN WITH 2 KIDS. We told Sister Young and she was SO happy. She met her at the activity and they've both got kids the same age and it's just perfect. It's experiences like this that just show God is real. He truly does care about each and everyone of us and works according to the desires of our hearts. There is no way all of this is just a coincidence. It seems unbelievable, but it's true that "with God, all things are possible." I know that with faith, we truly can do all things. Read Alma 32 or Hebrews 11 or Ether 12 if you need a faith pick-me-up this week!
While I was gone, Elder Harman also set 2 baptismal dates! Last week we were knocking a few doors and found this guy, Tellas, who listened, but didn't seem too interested. They went back while I was gone and had a very spiritual lesson with him and his sister, Mikeitha. They loved everything and said they would be baptized on the 23rd. So Elder Harman could see a couple more baptisms before he goes home! Once again, the Lord leading us to prepared people. We saw them again yesterday, and they seem pretty solid. We'll see if they come to church - that's the real sign of legit investigators.
Halloween was okay...it's not very fun as a missionary haha. It was raining all day and cold so that's no bueno. We visited some less actives and then had dinner at the Young's house. We helped their kids trick or treat a little bit too. They have the cutest little kids. They're a really cool family, I like them a lot.
This weekend I got to go to Birmingham to see Tom's baptism! We went to Anniston on Saturday cause Elder harman and bickley used to serve there. We went around and saw a bunch of their recent converts, it was pretty fun. I've been pretty lucky to see a lot of Alabama, it's a great place. I love it so much. It is so beautiful, especially up here in Huntsville in the fall. The trees are changing colors, and it's SO PRETTY. Anyway, Sunday we stayed with the Cahaba heights elders which was a lot of fun. They were in my district last transfer and it was cool catching up with them. Sunday was Tom's baptism which was just surreal. He went from rolling up to us in his wheelchair to baptism!!! Can you believe that? I'll say it once more: The Lord bringing us prepared people! We had two people dunk him since half his body is paralyzed. It was quite graceful haha. He just had this glow about him the whole day, it was yet another neat experience. I got to do the confirmation and it was just wonderful. He will be someone I will never forget. Man, I just love my mission!!!
Sorry this has been all over the place, but it was a great week. I still can't believe I actually have my visa, these 5 weeks are going to fly by! Love you all so much, have a good week. Christmas is coming up which means SKYPE!!!! Well, hopefully I'll be able to skype from brazil, we'll see.
Love and happiness,
Elder Weight
So Tuesday I went on an exchange with Elder Matson, a Spanish elder. It was a lot of fun, he's a cool guy. We had a lesson with a SOLID family that night and it went really well. The husband was baptized a few weeks ago, but the wife just had a baby so her and their two boys are waiting for a little bit. Their boys are 10 and 11 years old so we taught them in English. We started with baptism and the member with us went off on John the Baptist and holy of holies and baptism signifying burial and rebirth but we brought him back on track. Members love going on crazy tangents for some reason, it's weird. But the lesson went very well, the Spirit was very strong. We committed all three of them to baptism next Saturday and they're very excited. Hopefully I can go to their baptism.
While I was gone, Elder Harman had some really cool experiences too. So about a week ago, we were visiting a family, the Young's. We were talking about missionary work and what we can do to help them. We decided we would pray specifically for someone and let God help us! Off the top of her head, Sister Young said Megan with two kids. Ever since then, we all have been praying to find a Megan with two kids. So Elder Harman was visiting a few less actives while I was gone and the next day he realized her name was Megan and she had 2 kids. We started freaking out and couldn't believe it. So then Wednesday night we had a ward Halloween activity and guess who came? MEGAN WITH 2 KIDS. We told Sister Young and she was SO happy. She met her at the activity and they've both got kids the same age and it's just perfect. It's experiences like this that just show God is real. He truly does care about each and everyone of us and works according to the desires of our hearts. There is no way all of this is just a coincidence. It seems unbelievable, but it's true that "with God, all things are possible." I know that with faith, we truly can do all things. Read Alma 32 or Hebrews 11 or Ether 12 if you need a faith pick-me-up this week!
While I was gone, Elder Harman also set 2 baptismal dates! Last week we were knocking a few doors and found this guy, Tellas, who listened, but didn't seem too interested. They went back while I was gone and had a very spiritual lesson with him and his sister, Mikeitha. They loved everything and said they would be baptized on the 23rd. So Elder Harman could see a couple more baptisms before he goes home! Once again, the Lord leading us to prepared people. We saw them again yesterday, and they seem pretty solid. We'll see if they come to church - that's the real sign of legit investigators.
Halloween was okay...it's not very fun as a missionary haha. It was raining all day and cold so that's no bueno. We visited some less actives and then had dinner at the Young's house. We helped their kids trick or treat a little bit too. They have the cutest little kids. They're a really cool family, I like them a lot.
This weekend I got to go to Birmingham to see Tom's baptism! We went to Anniston on Saturday cause Elder harman and bickley used to serve there. We went around and saw a bunch of their recent converts, it was pretty fun. I've been pretty lucky to see a lot of Alabama, it's a great place. I love it so much. It is so beautiful, especially up here in Huntsville in the fall. The trees are changing colors, and it's SO PRETTY. Anyway, Sunday we stayed with the Cahaba heights elders which was a lot of fun. They were in my district last transfer and it was cool catching up with them. Sunday was Tom's baptism which was just surreal. He went from rolling up to us in his wheelchair to baptism!!! Can you believe that? I'll say it once more: The Lord bringing us prepared people! We had two people dunk him since half his body is paralyzed. It was quite graceful haha. He just had this glow about him the whole day, it was yet another neat experience. I got to do the confirmation and it was just wonderful. He will be someone I will never forget. Man, I just love my mission!!!
Sorry this has been all over the place, but it was a great week. I still can't believe I actually have my visa, these 5 weeks are going to fly by! Love you all so much, have a good week. Christmas is coming up which means SKYPE!!!! Well, hopefully I'll be able to skype from brazil, we'll see.
Love and happiness,
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment