Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Santa Maria news. . .

Hello friends and family! This email might be kind of short again cause my companion is feeling pretty sick so we gotta get going. He´s not really my companion, but that´s a long story for another day! Haha but everything is fine.

This week was wonderful. Friday we had a family night with one of the best families in our ward. The mom invited her sister and her non member husband and it went really well. They´re very rich so they bought a ton of food, it was great. We had them buy all the stuff for Cafe Rio pork and made a TON of it, it was sooooooo great. Well, not quite the same. Brazilians really don´t like spicy stuff, so theres like no chilies here. So the sweet pork was just sweet, it didn´t have any spice to it at all. So that made it not quite as good. I´m definitely excited to eat a ton of Cafe rio when I get home!!!

Saturday we had a ward activity and it was one of the best ward activities I´ve been to. Ever! We had a competition of cakes, and a mini talent show. All the sisters of the ward brought cakes, and we had investigators be the judges. The winner gained 10 points in this competition we´re having called corrida maluca (crazy race). Each family has a secret name and when they do something to help the missionaries like go out teaching with us or have a family night with us or give us a referral, they gain points. The members are going crazy with this and helping us a ton, it´s great. In the talent show, all the elders and one of the ward missionaries did a presentation. We made these little mexican outfits and sang la bama with guitars and pianos and everything. It was pretty freaking hilarious. We had everyone on their feet clapping and singing with us, it was awesome. My companion has a video that I´ll show to you one day :)

Sorry this is really short, but I gotta go. I love you all so much. Richard and emily will be baptized on Saturday along with a ton of other people in our district, it´s going to be awesome. Transfers are next week, so I´ll let you know what´s going on then! Have a wonderful week and remember to choose the right!!! Love love loves!


Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment