It´s already Febuary? I swear January didn´t even exist. It seems like I just blinked and it was gone! Today marks 10 months since the MTC. Soon enough I´ll have more time behind me than in front of me and THAT is weird. Although it does feel like I´ve been a missionary my entire life haha. And it feels like I´ll be doing this for the rest of my life too but the weird thing is - I´ll actually come home one day. And boy, that´ll be a strange one.
Anyway, this week was pretty good! Very hot. A little rain, but not enough. I guess it´s supposed to rain a bunch this month though, so that´ll be nice. And people keep telling me it´s going to get cold but it doesn´t seem like it can ever get cold here. I guess we´ll just have to wait and see! So one week ago was the 1 year anniversary of the night club that burned down here. There were a ton of people just standing there and watching in silence. There were a bunch of flowers and new signs and they painted crime scene bodies for each person in the street. Man, that is just so sad. I just can´t imagine how people handle death like this without God or without the gospel. This life would just be a tragedy and every minute would be miserable! That´s why I´m glad I have the gospel.
So this week we had a really cool experience. So during Christmas time, we were walking down the street and this member had just given us all a bag of candy for a present. One elder dropped all this candy in front of a few people. They started talking to us and we gave them some candy and a pass along card for a Christmas DVD. About 2 weeks later, we get a call from one of the ladys and she wants a DVD! We take her the DVD but it turns out her daughter lives there and she´s only there part of the time. So we start talking to her daughter but she just seemed a little closed off. So we left the DVD and said we´d come back later to teach her mom about it. So this week we go there, but only the daughter was home. She told us to come in though, so we start talking to her. She starts asking questions about the church and the book of mormon and things so we explain the first lesson. She listened but wasn´t really into it too much. At the end I told her she might not believe everything we are saying but that she can believe God. I asked her to pray and she agreed. She started praying, but in silence. We just let her pray on her own and after about 2 minutes she looks up and starts crying. She tells us she feels so happy and peaceful and asks us why. We tell her that´s the holy ghost telling her that this is right. That everything we have told her is true. She just kept crying and told us to come back and teach her more another day. She works a lot but we´re going to go teach her again tonight so that should be cool. Tender mercies of the Lord!
The baptism this week was great. Darci was so at peace and happy during everything. His son is a bishop in another city forever away and he drove all the way down here to baptize him. So that was pretty cool. We had a good amount of people at the baptism and everything went smoothly, it was great. The other companionship had a baptism too. She was an eternal investigator of 9 years and she finally got baptized. So we did the service together, it was great. I´ll send some pictures.
This week was another tough one, but I just keep pushing through. I heard a saying that I liked the other day. A mission is not the best two years OF your life. They´re the best two years FOR your life. I like that. Cause a mission is not butterflies and unicorns every second of everyday. It´s butterflies and unicorns like once or twice or three times a week. But that´s what makes it all worth it. I love you all so much and I pray for you every day. Keep doing what´s right cause you will be blessed, I promise. Stick to the gospel and the gospel will stick to you. God is there and he loves you. Keep going. Never give up. I´m half talking to myself right now haha. But still! I promise things will get better if they´re hard right now. I´ll talk to you next week, sorry this was kind of short. Love you!!!
Love,
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment