Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Dogs and Missionary Work Pt. 2

So I think missions all around the world need to create a new key indicator (number): Dogs saved during the week. Cause we would definitely be at the top of the list. So on Tuesday, we had a family night with this family of investigators and a family of members. It was an awesome family night, the spirit was so strong. One of the investigators is an atheist, so we showed a mormon message about how God is literally our father, just like an earthly father. Half the people at the family night started crying and it was amazing. The atheist investigator even said "amen" for the first time! So we leave the family night and we´re walking the investigators home. Their dog is running along after us and everyone is happy as can be. Then WHAM a car zooms by and runs over the dogs leg. Everyone for miles around heard the crack of the bone and then the dog starts wailing. All the kids start crying saying "meu cachorro, meu chachorro" (my dog). Then, of course, it starts raining to add to it all. Luckily, Sister Correa knows a little bit about vet stuff. And her bag was just like hermione´s bag in harry potter, she starts pulling out gauze and sanitized water and bandages and everything. We get the dog calmed down and carry the dog to a veterenarian nearby. But, basically everything is closed so the kids start freaking out. They start asking us to pray for the dog, so we say a prayer and they calm down. Then their dad shows up, basically says "it´s only a scratch," and takes him home. Moral of the story? Our investigator believes in God now, the dog is ok, and we have a new lady to teach who was helping us out. Cool, eh?

That´s my one cool story of the week. Other than that, this week was a bit boring. It was a great week, just the same thing as always. We worked with the members a lot this week and had a lot of success. We found a few new investigators and a lot of our old investigators have finally started to progress. Only problem is that no one came to church cause it was raining pretty bad. But this week will be great, I think. We have a lot of people to work with and hopefully the baptisms will start coming. It´s usually been pretty easy for me to find people ready to be baptized, but this area has been so tough. The members are wonderful, there just aren´t very many people who are open to us. But you just have to keep going and trust that God knows what he is doing. That´s one thing I´ve learned most in this area. Constant work and obedience brings blessings, we just have to trust in Him! Sometimes it seems stupid to follow this rule or that commandment, but the Lord is required to bless us when we obey. And it´s true! I don´t know why or how, but when I am obedient, i am happy. But don´t trust me, try it for yourself! (alma 32:27, john 7:17, moroni 10:3-5, etc etc)

I love you and miss you all so much! I hope you´re all getting excited for the World Cup. It´s all anyone talks about around here. Y'all best be cheering for Brazil! The people are pretty confident Brazil is going to win, I guess we´ll just have to wait and see!


love you all so much! Again, i´m happy and healthy and loving my mission. It´s weird to think I´ll be home in less than a year. I don´t know if I´m more excited or sad for that day. I´ll let you know when it comes ;) Have a wonderful week and I´ll talk to you SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment