I’m a bit short on time, and some of you already heard about my life yesterday, but I’ll try to do a quick recap!
First of all, I’m being transferred to a place called Ijuí!!! My companion will be Elder Sousa and that’s all I know. I don’t really know anything about the area, I only know that it’s 2 hours north of here, there’s lots of hills and rich people. So this should be an adventure! I’m really going to miss Santa Maria, cause I’ve grown to love it here! The members and people are all so great and have been so kind to me. It also has Walmart, McDonalds and subway which I’m guessing no other city in my mission has haha! I have a feeling I’ll return here someday though, maybe at the end of my mission, maybe before, we’ll just have to wait and see!
Giovanni and William were finally baptized this week! We have been teaching them for almost 3 months now and their mom finally allowed them to be baptized. She decided if they really did want to be baptized, she shouldn’t stop them from doing so! The baptism was wonderful, the spirit was strong and there were lots of good members there to support them. But, after the baptism, their dad showed up AGAIN and took them to their grandparents house. So they weren’t home Sunday and weren’t confirmed. It’s too bad but this week they’ll be confirmed for sure.
We had a great zone conference this week as well. When I first got here I really had trouble relating to my mission president, but he is getting so much better. It’s evident the Lord called him to teach him and us! That really how it is with all of us though. We’re never going to be perfect, but the Lord qualifies who he calls. I haven’t been perfect on my mission either, and that’s how the Lord teaches us! With our weaknesses. Ether 12:27 "I give unto men weaknesses so they may humble themselves before me...and if they humble themselves before me I will make weak things become strong unto them." or something like that. I think that has become my favorite scripture on my mission because I have seen so many of my weaknesses strengthened on my mission. This is what the gospel is all about: CHANGE. Realizing you are not perfect and doing your best to do better. That is how we will return to the presence of our Heavenly Father - becoming a better person. Always remember that!
I love and miss you all so much! Have a wonderful week and I’ll talk to you next week from my new area! Pretty exciting!
Love,
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment