Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Birthday Week!! (from 7/30/2014 letter)

Well, my birthday came and went and I´m so glad! It means one day closer to when I´ll actually get to spend a birthday with my friends and family again! Haha no, it was a great birthday! Some members made a cake for me at lunch, the USA qualified in the world cup, and I stuffed myself with delicious Brazillian pizza that night! I would say that is a wonderful birthday. And i´ve made great friends with these elders I´m living with right now, so that made it better. But the only problem is that two of them are leaving this week!!! So sad. My companion and Elder longo will leave on Tuesday. Me and Elder Christensen will stay here in the area, my new companion will be a peruvian named Elder Mamani and Elder Christensen will train a greenie. This place just won´t be the same without them! Plus, I think we´re going to get a bit lost here haha. Good thing I found myself a map haha. Sometimes changes are difficult, but I know the Lord is in charge and he will do what is best for me and for Ijui! (Hey that rhymed!)

But anyway, this week was pretty good. It has been raining for almost 2 weeks straight which complicates things, but it´s all good! There was a wedding friday night in one of the other wards, and a bunch of our investigators and less actives are part of the brides family. So we helped out with the wedding setting up, taking pictures, dj (ha ha kidding), and the works. It was a really great wedding and I think sparkened the interest of this one less active family we have to come back to church. We visited them last night, and they seemed to open up a lot more to the idea of returning to church. It´s because there really is a different spirit inside the church, and people feel it! That´s why we need to continue to work hard here to build a new church inside the ward boundary. I think lots of people would come back if there was a church close by. When it´s cold and rainy, nobody wants to wake up and walk/catch a bus to church which makes things frustrating. We taught some awesome lessons to some investigators this week, but Sunday morning, nobody wanted to come to church! And as golden and perfect as these investigators are, if they don´t come to church, they won´t be baptized. So i really want to focus on how important church attendance is this week, and hopefully give the desire to come to church to my investigators. 

But i´m excited for another transfer here in Ijui! The members are wonderful here, and i´m really growing to like this little town. I wish I could stay with my companion a little bit longer, but life is full of changes right? I love you and miss you all! Sorry it´s a little bit short this week, but i´m sure i´ll have lots to talk about next week. I am thinking and praying for all of you, always remember that! Have a fantastic week and......USA USA USA USA! and....VAMOS VAMOS BRAZIL! and...Costa Rica! Costa Rica! Costa Rica! Love you!!!!


Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment