Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, July 14, 2014

It´s the end of the world (cup) as we know it!

think we can officially mark the 8th of July of 2014 as the most depressing day in the history of Brazil. I mean, I´m not a Brazilian, but that was a pretty horrible day. Nobody here even imagined that something like that would happen. I think the entire country entered into a state of shock, depression, rage, and even laughter. I mean, 2-1, 3-1 maybe even 4-1 and it´s okay. But SEVEN? That´s just embarassing. But, on the brightside, there´s always a new game, a new tournament, new players, new coaches, everything new where they can start over. And I still have faith in Brazil! Vamos Brasil!!!!

Enough of the world, this week was awesome! We are finally starting to have some success, now that this world cup insanity has ended! This week we found a family who are neighbors to some members in our ward. The mom has already heard from the missionaries, but it was a really long time ago. She has 3 daughters with the age of baptism, and we invited all four of them to a family night. The daughters came and it was awesome! Basically all the active members were there, they gave a message about baptism that was incredible and now all three of them want to be baptized! We didn´t even have to do anything at the family night, because the members helped out so much. It was awesome. The three girls all came to church. I asked one of them how she like church and she said "I loved it - it was so calm! And there´s so much more than just church, so i like that. All the other churches just yell and scream and don´t have cool activities." So that was cool! Now we just have to get their mom interested as well, and then we have got an awesome family to teach and baptized. We also had a family night with some less actives, who have two grandchildren living with them who are not baptized. Actually, there are 8 children and 3 adults which live in this house, but that´s a long complicated story for another day. Anway, we had an awesome family night with them, and they brought their two grandkids to church the next day who should be baptized soon! One more person: There´s a girl I´ve been teaching ever since I got here. Her name is Cristiane, she is the daughter of a member. She has always just not been interested in anything, but we have begun inviting her to activities and family nights and she has begun participating! We reviewed the restoration this week, and she accepted to be baptized on the 26th of july! She came to church as well, and is really liking everything. So we have finally begun to find success here! I know that Heavenly Father really answers our prayers, because I was getting pretty frustrated earlier. But, I put my trust in God, and knew things would turn around with patience and hard work. And now look at what´s happening! Miracles!

I love you all! Hope you have a wonderful week. I am thinking and praying for you everyday, and if you need any advice or questions or anything, let me know! Have a wonderful week!!!

Love,

Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment