Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Updates from Ijui!

Hello friends and family! Happy belated 4th of July!!!! Let me tell you one thing. Spending the fourth of july in another country has got to be one of the worst things that exists! Elder Christensen and I tried to celebrate, but there was really not much we could do. But we did sing the national anthem, eat peanut butter and talk about the things we miss most about America. Sounds like the party in Provo was another great one, too bad I had to miss it. But hey, next year and every year for the rest of my life I will be sure to not miss another!

This week brought some nice changes! My new companion is Elder Mamani from Peru. He´s 26 years old and has a pretty thick hispanic accent haha. He speaks spangleguese, so maybe that´ll help me learn a little bit more Spanish! Haha he´s been out 1 year, and he´s a great elder. He knows a lot and I definitely have lots to learn from him! It was sad to see Elder Souza leave, but change is necessary right? He left Tuesday and right after Elder Mamani arrived here in Ijui. Elder Christensen is training a new guy, Elder Melo. He´s from Recife and he´s a great kid.

The work just keeps moving along here! Elder Mamani is a really hard worker and has a knack for finding lots of new people. We found a new family of 6 people this week who seem really excited to learn more. It´s a pretty cool story how we found them. We were visiting a less active family and two kids about 10 years who are friends with some kids in the family show up. We got to know them and began talking to them and asked if we could stop by there house one day to talk with them and their parents. They gave us the address and we gave them a card with our number on it. That night, the little girl actually called us and asked when we were going to visit them. We were pretty surprised and marked a lesson with them. They live in a pretty sketchy neighborhood, but we showed up and her 5 brothers and sisters and her mom listened to us! They all participated in the lesson and seemed pretty excited. The mom has a church and seemed hesitant at first but really opened up to us. So that was a cool experience! 

With our current investigators, things are still pretty slow. Once again, none of our investigators came to church. It was cold and rainy which drives a lot of people away. But we´ve been praying and fasting to help our investigators have more of a desire to visit the church and learn more of the gospel. With time and faith, it will get better and better, I know it! We are working hard, I am learning a ton and I´m loving this area! The members are all becoming my best friends and I´m so happy I have been able to meet them. I can´t wait for you to meet them all someday, whether you understand them or not! 

I love you all so much! I hope you have a wonderful week and I will talk to you next week. Oh! i almost forgot....... VAMOS VAMOS BRASIL!!!!!!!!! VAMOS VAMOS BRASIL!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all better be cheering for Brazil, cause the end is gonna be good! Just two more games and we are the world champions!

Até mais,

Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment