Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Another crazy week in Clanton!

I really don't have another way to describe this week other than crazy. Although, every week is like this in Clanton. It's whatevs.

This week we had two exchanges- with the district and zone leaders, zone conference, two people moving, a baptism/confirmation, sisters leaving, AND

I don't even know where to begin haha! My district leader Elder Evans came down on Tuesday to do an exchange. We rode our bikes all over town and actually found a few people to teach. Only problem is, they all live far out and we don't have a car. So hopefully we can find some members to drive us around this week. We also helped a member build a deck and then had dinner at another members home which was probably one of the best meals I've had on my mission. She made the most delicious fried chicken (real fried chicken, not like KFC crap) and fresh biscuits with homemade jam from her garden. Mmm it was so good.

Thursday the zone leaders came down to do exchanges, but all four of us stayed in Clanton. I got stuck on the bike with Elder Taveuveu and once again, we rode all over town visiting like all the members. Elder T is from American Samoa and everyone loves him haha. He has this accent but still has perfect English, and no one can tell he didn't know English before coming here. He's a really funny guy and fun to work with. We probably rode a good 20 miles that day and saw like 7 members (active, less active and recent converts). That's a pretty good day, especially for how small Clanton is and how few members there are.

Friday was Zone conference and it was so awesome!!! I love President Hanks he is the best. He has so many cool stories and experiences and really knows how to whip us into shape! We can always improve as missionaries and it's so great to receive training from him. He's so personable with all of us and I feel so loved by him! He is a lot different from President Holzapfel, and I've learned so much from both of them- by the end of my mission I will have 3 mission presidents. Pretty cool, huh! President Hanks' favorite saying, which is the vision of our mission, is STEADFAST IN CHRIST! 2 Nephi 31:20!!! Well really all of 2 Nephi 31 but that verse is a really good one!!!


Saturday we helped some members move and we had the baptism. The baptism went really well and she just seemed so happy! It was just so cool to be a part of someone entering into the gates of the kingdom of heaven!!! She was actually talking to her son who lives in Indiana a few days ago when he started telling her he's been reading the book of Mormon. She hadn't told him anything about her baptism or about investigating the church so that was so cool! The church is true, God works in mysterious ways and I don't have any time left!!! So sorry I didn't have a lot of time to expound on anything or say a whole lot but I love you! Have a great first week of school, have fun at the game Saturday. So jealous you have no idea. Go Cougars!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment