(Editor's comment: sorry I forgot last week's letter so you get two this week!!)
Can you believe I've already been out four months?! Time is flying by so quickly I can't even believe it. It's been another hot week, but still a good one! Elder Winfree left Wednesday morning and was transferred to Florence, Alabama which is way up north of here. I guess he got put in another trio, poor guy. This will be his third trio and trust me-trios are hard to work with. It's been nice to have two of us now, but we miss Elder Winfree. He was a fun guy to work with!
So this week I was asked to speak in church on trials and pioneers since it was Pioneer Day. I really wanted to talk about Frederick Weight but I didn't have his story and had no way to get it from you! So that day I happened to be browsing familysearch.org and came across his name. I clicked on it and boom! There is his entire story and pictures and everything. So I was able to print it out and use a lot of his stories in my talk yesterday! I also played the piano since I am one of two people that can play the piano in this branch-the other one being the pianist who was sick. But I think I've even increased my love of playing the piano while being on my mission! I'm getting better at just being able to play anything, even with the hundreds of mistakes I make :) But then my talk went really well! I basically read excerpts from Frederick's bio to tell his story and then added scriptures and explanations every now and then. He lived a hard life-y'all should read his story sometime if you had a chance. It really just makes our lives seem so easy compared to how hard their lives were. I not imagine walking basically from here to Utah with NO SHOES! It's crazy.
This week we did a bunch of service for members and didn't do a whole lot of teaching. It's been hard to find solid investigators here since everyone here has basically been here all their lives and don't want to change anything about that. A lot of them are just so stuck in their ways so it's tough. But we just keep pluggin along, and keep working hard! My companions girlfriend got her visa and is leaving today so mine shouldn't be too far away! I would imagine I'll leave sometime in August.
So how was Cedar City! Everyday I would think "hmm if I was at cedar city I would be swimming or golfing or playing cards" or something like that and it made me depressed! Well not really, but I miss you and the family and Cedar City and Navajo and everything! It sounds like it was a lot of fun like always.
Sorry I don't have much time for a long update this week. But I love all of you and I miss you so much! 5 more of these time periods and I'll be home! I'll be there before you know it. Thanks for all the packages and letters and everything! Tell Jared I loved his letter and I'll write him and Whit back soon. Also, ask them if they want an Alabama t shirt or hat or lanyard. Cause I can get any of them. Hopefully I'll find keychains somewhere!
I love y'all so much!!! Have a great week!
Love
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment