Well, summer is over! I can't even believe that. When I got to Alabama, school was just getting out and now it's already back! It went so fast and I didn't get the summer off ha ha.
This was a strange week, for sure. It's been rainy and cool which is not normal for August in Alabama. This whole week it's been in the 70's with lots of rain, and for the first time, it was warmer in my apartment than outside! It makes missionary work a lot more enjoyable, that's for sure. Elder Free is awesome- he has so many crazy stories about stuff he did back home and we get along great. We always have something to talk about so I've been slacking in my journal writing...whoops. Sorry bout that......I'll try to get back on that. I was doing pretty well for a while!
This week we did a lot of service for people which is always good! We were mowing a lady's lawn yesterday which was about knee high. She had a riding lawn mower but it was pretty rough to get through. I got stuck once and Elder Free came over to pull me out. I put it in reverse, got of to help him but forgot to turn the speed down. It starts going and just about ran elder free over. He tries running but can't go fast enough so he jumps over it, lands on the seat and stops it before falling into a ditch. It was pretty awesome and so hilarious hahaha. So that was pretty fun. This week we also saved kittens from being run over in the street- they were teeny tiny-probably like a few days old and they were all over the street. The mom was trying to get them to follow her but they were just not getting it. But, they loved crowding around us and our umbrellas since it was raining so we walked into the grass and they followed us around. Then we ran. Haha I took some pictures I'll have to send to you.
Now, I knew I'd have to play piano on my mission, but who knew I'd be a wedding pianist while here? Hehe. So a members step daughter has been living with her for the past 3 months. She's not a member and wasn't really interested in getting baptized (long story) BUT her boyfriend came down for a couple days and she decided she wanted to get married that day. She didn't quite get her wish cause they couldn't get her wedding license in time, but it happened the next day- it left about 24 hours to plan the wedding. Of course, they asked me to play piano and we also helped set everything up. She wanted a wedding like the one in twilight, so they asked me to play music from the soundtrack. So we were running back and forth from the church to the library looking up and printing off sheet music. I had about 2 hours of total time to practice and got three songs pretty much down. We also made the program and helped make the food. So that was a crazy day. Mom-I promise to give you at least a week to plan my wedding haha. But if anyone ever wants a twilight wedding, I can play piano!
Anyway, the work is going well here in Clanton! Brother Lutz' wife is getting baptized this Saturday!!!!!!!! So exciting. The Holy Ghost is real, I've seen it in both their lives! She seems so happy and excited and can't wait. She asked me to baptize her so this'll be the first baptism I get to actually do! Also, Daisy, the lady in the nursing home, is getting ready to go to the temple for the first time! Her daughter is coming from Idaho to visit in September and they're going to go to the temple. If I'm still here, hopefully I'll be able to go with her. But we'll see! I'm doin well, I'm happy and everything is great! Nothing to complain about!
I've started reading Jesus the Christ by James E Talmage and it's awesome. It's really long and I don't know half the words he uses but it's so cool to see an in depth study of Christ's life. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and I know this is his chruch restored to the earth! I probably say this too much, but I know the Book of Mormon is true and it brings blessings! Read it every day and life will get better, I promise. Love y'all so much!
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment