Back to Clanton! Who would've guessed?! I got to Millbrook Monday about 6 and left Saturday about noon. So not even a full week! I didn't miss a Sunday! I had a good time in Millbrook-it's a really nice area with good people and good members and I wish I had been able to stay longer! But, at the same time, I'm so glad to be back in Clanton. I already know the area and all the members so it feels just like home! It was so fun to see all the members at church and see their surprise at me being back. I think a lot of them are really happy and I'm happy too!
My new companion is Elder Free from Mesa, Arizona. He's also a visa waiter but he's going to the west indies, speaking dutch. That's pretty crazy. He was serving in Tupelo, Mississippi but his companion got his visa so they put us together here in Clanton. I have no idea how long I'll be here-it could be just 5 days again! Who knows? Lot's of people have been getting their visas so they're coming in! I'm just going to keep working here until they tell me to leave! Elder Free is awesome, I think we're gonna have a good time together. Unfortunately, we don't have like any investigators right now which is poopy. Clanton is a hard area investigator wise so this week will be a tough week since we don't have a lot of people to teach. But I know there are people here ready for the gospel, we just have to find them!
The time I had in Millbrook was great-it is a very different area from Clanton but I loved it! There were so many members and recent converts and people to work with! There were actually people to talk to there and lots of people to visit-it was nice. I was actually serving in a trio with Elder Evans, the district leader who is a 2 year convert from the slums of Detroit. He had a really cool story and it was fun to work with him. And I went to high school with my other companion!!! His name is Tanner Smith and it was so crazy we were put together as companions. We talked about provo and our friends and stuff which was pretty weird. I didn't know him too well before but he's a great guy. Welcome to the small missionaries from Provo world. There are five of us serving here in Alabama that all went to Timpview. It's a small, small world!!!
Well, I love and miss you!!! I haven't had any time to write letters between all the craziness of transferring everywhere, but today we have a lot of free time! So I'll send some pictures and lots of letters out today- I promise I haven't forgotten you! I am loving my time here in Alabama, I do wish I had my visa but at the same time, I never want to leave!!! Being in Millbrook just for a little bit made me realize even more how much I love and will miss the people I have met here! Even just he people I have met and the relationships I've built has already made my mission worth it! I would have never met any of these people if I had gone straight to Brazil or not gone on my mission! I'm so glad I did and anyone who is thinking about serving- DO IT! It's the best job ever to be a missionary-trust me. I'm so grateful for this gospel. I love it so much and I know it's true.
Keep on keeping on, y'all! Always say y'all-it really is so much easier than "you guys." Haha but seriously it's becoming natural for me and it's WEIRD. I don't know if I have any other hint of an accent but y'all is definitely there. I love you so much! Don't ever forget that! Say your prayers, read your scriptures, go to church, etc, etc! Muitissimo amor!!!
-Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment