Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Dogs kill cats in Brazil

This week was awesome!!!! Well sort of. It was insanely hot this week, and looks like summer is already coming back. Winter was good while it lasted...But seriously, 4 days straight without seeing a single cloud in the sky is not a good thing. Anyway, things are going great here in Alegrete! We found 3 couples this week that are all really great! They all have one who is a member, and the other is not. They all want to be baptized and be strong members in the church but...the problem of everyone here in Brazil? They´re not married. Two of them are still working on getting a divorce, so it´s gonna take some time. But the other one will probably be married in the next month or so, so we´re really excited about that! We´re doing lots of family nights, and really trying to gain the trust of the ward, to be able to meet and teach their friends. The ward is a little bit weak right now, but a little bit of hard, smart work will fix that problem real quick.

I did my first baptism interveiw of a 9 year old kid this week! Man, kids can be really smart! He really understood everything, and it was a cool experience. We´re going to have a talent show at the church in a couple weeks, which will be really cool. We have Zone conference tomorrow, and lots of service and family nights lined up for this week too, so should be a good one! I don´t have a lot of time, so I gotta get going, but I love you all! I hope you have a great week, and I´ll try to write more Monday. I´m happy and excited and have the best companion in the world, even if he is a little trunky ;)

No time for a spiritual thought, so check out this really powerful video we´ve been showing to our investigators:


Love,
Elder Weight


Oh yeah, I saw a dog kill a cat this week, that was a pretty sad and interesting experience. Usually the cats get away...so a moment of silence for this cat please. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment