Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Oh say can you see...oh wait. Wrong country.

So we had a pretty good week. Not the best ever, but not every week is the greatest! The weather had a mind of it´s own this week, raining for 5 hours straight and then changing to unbearable heat, then changing to freezing cold with hail and then rain again. But I guess that´s how life is in the spring in all the world right?! And rain never kept a missionary down ha ha.

So we worked with Marcos and Luciano a lot this week, we´re trying to help them to be baptized the 20th of septembro. Marcos is the husband of a member, but they are not legally married. We checked everything out with their marraige and we basically just have to wait for his birth certificate to be sent here from Porto Alegre. But other than that, it should all go well with the marraige and baptism in two weeks! Luciano is the neighbor of a member who came to church last week, and is loving everything we are teaching. I think he´ll be baptized in two weeks as well. But the only problem is that nobody came to church yesterday :( It was independence day here in Brazil, so basically everyone was watching the military parade in the center of the city, or had family in town, or travelled, or some other excuse to not come to church. It was quite frustrating, but we´ll keep working hard this week to bring them to church next week!

We also had an activity this week which went really well. Well, kinda. The activity was awesome, the only problem is that nobody showed up. There´s a recent convert in our ward, who´s a professional musician and he got together a band with a few of his friends and they were so good! Seriously, I would pay to watch these guys play. I´ll have to show you the videos some day, cause they´re great. We had a mini talent show before the real show. I played piano and sang, a little adorable girl sang a song, my comp played piano, but all the other presentations didn´t even show up. I think there were about 30 people there. It was disappointing, because so many people said they would come and then didn´t show up. But hey, we had investigators thereand I enjoyed a good show, so it´s a win win situation.


I have been here way too long already, so I have to get going already. But I love all of you and miss you so much! Keep doing what you know to be right. The gospel really is the most important thing we have in this life, and we are so lucky to have it in our lives. Take advantage of the knowledge you have and use it to bless the lives of others and you´ll be happy. I promise! Have an absolutely fantastic week and I´ll talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment