The weeks just keep passing by here in Alegrete. Where did the first half of september go?! Time is just so strange. This is the last week for Elder Lima, so he´s feeling pretty weird right now. It´ll be sad to see him go cause he is the man. But he´s planning on coming to Provo next year, so then you can all meet him!
This week was okay. We were planning everything for Marcos to be married and baptized this Saturday, but some complications came up with his birth certificate which won´t get here for another week or so. So we´ll have to wait until next Saturday which is too bad since Elder Lima won´t be here. But what matters is that he is baptized, right?! He came to church on Sunday and is really really excited to be baptized. So that´s cool. Our other progressing investigator Luciano, was travelling basically the entire week so we weren´t able to talk to him much. But there was another talent show in another ward on Saturday, and his neighbor brought him and he loved it! But the activity lasted until 11 pm and afterward he watched a movie with this member and stayed up conversing until 2 am so he didn´t wake up for church in the morning. Bah. But he has already made friends with the members of the ward and is really liking the church. We´ll work with him to be baptized on the 27th hopefully. We recieved a few referrals and have lots of people to contact these coming weeks, so the work should begin to pick up a little bit.
More on the talent show - after our miserable activity last week, some sisters in the zone had been planning a talent show of their own. All the missionaries in the zone decided to help out and make it a mega activity. We made invites, and starting inviting everyone we met to participate. We ended up having 3 band of non member youth who presented and there were more than 150 people at the activity. Which is huge for such a little city. We missionaries did a funny skit from the life of a missionary, and then I sang with another Elder. I really don´t sing that well, but I´ve found that when an American sings whatever song in english, brazillians freak out. Haha so it was pretty great. The highlight of the night was when a drunk guy showed up and started hugging all the missionaries telling us he wanted to be one of us, and then hugging all the people presenting and telling the crowd they were his best friend and that he loved them. It was hilarious. I even got a few videos I´ll have to show you when I get back hahaha. But the activity was a huge success, with lots of non members and members alike.
I´m out of time once again, but yesterday I was thinking about how happy I truly am. How happy this gospel makes me. Not because I´m a missionary, but simply because I am a member of this wonderful church.Like Elder Uchtdorf said at conference - Why a church that requires so much time and effort and service would be a good thing, but I am truly, honestly, and completely happy because of the church. Maybe people are saying I´m a fool wasting two years of my life teaching about Christ and his church, but I´m a happy fool so that´s all that matters.
I love y'all and I´ll talk to you next week!!!
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment