Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, September 22, 2014

The largest parade of poop errr...horses!

Olá família e feliz dia dos gaúchos!!!! Yep, this past weekend was Gaúcho day and it was pretty crazy here. This is the city of the gaucho and let me tell you - there were a lot of them. They had a parade of horses on Saturday morning and there were almost 10 thousand horses. I have never seen so many horses in my life. I think there were more horses than people in the city on Saturday. But the problem with 10 thousand horses is the fact that it´s 10 thousand horses pooping at free will. It was not the most pleasnt day to walk around the city haha. But it was cool to see the culture of the people around here and helped me to remember how much I don´t like farms hahaha. I´ll try to send some pictures if I find the time. 

So my companion left me yesterday :( He´ll get on a plane tomorrow morning and he´ll be home by noon, pretty strange. As a missionary, sometimes it feels like you´ll never got home but when you see someone actually go home it makes you realized it actually will end someday. And as excited as I am to come home, I really will miss being a missionary. Toward the end of these last few weeks, my companion really started to worry about money and work and school and everything, and I realized just how great it is to just worry about the gospel and your investigators. It really is a good life. Buut, on the other hand it will be nice to change my routine one day and spend my time how I want to spend it haha. It will definitely be a bitter sweet experience coming home. So good thing I don´t have to experience it for a while! My new companion is Elder Cotrim from Sao Paulo. He´s been out about 5 months. I met him at a zone conference a few months ago and found out he met my good friend Matt Woodruff while matt was serving in his ward! how cool is that! I´m excited for this next transfer. This week my comp basically was getting ready to go home, and there was a wedding in another ward we were involved with, so we didn´t get to work a whole lot. but Marcos will be married and baptized this Saturday and a member brought one of her friends to church yesterday who seems very interested and excited to learn more. So things are good! The marraige this past week was in the neighbor ward. A missionary found this couple a year ago and returned to the city just in time to baptize them before he went home. It was a really cool experience i´ll have to tell you sometime :)

I have to go, I have short time but I love you all! Have a great week!!!

Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment