Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, October 6, 2014

A Wonderful Week

What an amazing week that I had!!! So on Tuesday I got my new companion, Elder Cotrim. He´s from Sao Paulo and he´s been out about 4 months. He is such a great guy and we´ve had an awesome week together. We´re already such great friends and we´ve already had some cool experiences together. He had a tough week with some things going on at home, but it´s been cool to see how strong he has stayed and how ready he his to work hard even with everything that is happening. I was definitely put with him in the right place at the right time. 

So this week Marcos is still working in another city, so he was not baptized. Since conference is this week, they will be married and baptized next week for sure! He will come home this Wednesday and then we will finish teaching everything and get ready for next week. We met a woman missionaried had been teaching a while ago and began to teach her this week. She came to church yesterday and we found out her daughter is a member! She really likes church and wants to continue to come, so we´re so excited! Hopefully we can reactivate her daughter as well. It looks like she´s not married though, so we´ll see what happens. We got a bunch of referrals from members this week as well, so we´ll be quite busy in the coming weeks. We also found a ton of less active members who are ready and willing to try to come back to church, and almost every less active family has at least one person who is not baptized in the family, so we are really going to focus on them. 

One of the highlights of the week was yesterday. It had been raining all day, and we weren´t having any success with anyone. I remembered a less active some members had mentioned so we decided to search him out. We found them, a nice couple with two kids. They began to descibe their conversion story and it sounded like they were strong active members for years. Then we found out that after they passed through the temple, they started having tons of doubts and questions that they were not finding answers to. As I was thinking about how to respond, nothing was coming to mind. I realized I had no idea how to answer his question and I started having a mini mental panic. But then I got the strong impression to invite him to general conference. I explained to him that we can try to answer his questions the best we can, but that the Holy Ghost is the one that teaches all truth, and answers all questions. I invited him to conference and promised him he would recieve an answer. He told me nobody had ever done that, and that he was so excited to come to conference. I felt the spirit so strong during that lesson and I know that this weekend will be special for him and for me. I was thinking afterward, how happy I am to know I can make promises in the name of Christ. I remember thinking right before asking him "am i worthy to do this?" I remember feeling a strong feeling of peace, and I knew at that moment I truly was a worthy servant of the Lord. And that is a feeling I will never forget. So I will make this promise to each and every one of you: If you have any doubt, concern, quesion, or problem and are searching answers, I promise that you can recieve an answer this weekend at conference. It´s already happened countless times to me, and I know it will happen again. I am so grateful for prophets and apostles to lead and guide us, and I am so grateful for this gospel. And I love all of you! The church is true, the book is blue, read it, pray about it and watch conference!!! Até mais.

Love,

Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment