Another great week for me! We had zone conference on Tuesday, so there were missionaries from 3 other zones in the city. It was really great to see some old friends. But it also helped me realized how old I am in the mission, cause basically all the people I new are home or going home. I didn´t recognized like half the people there, it was strange. Although the fact that I served in Alabama for 8 months probably helps with that haha. So the conference was great and afterward there was a baptism of a young man of the sisters in our district, and there were 60 missionaries there to watch the baptism, it was pretty amazing. The biggest attendance of a baptism I´ve seen!
So later in the week, we did another division with the zone leaders, and I went to their area with Elder Mcarthur. We show up at lunch, and there was this weird meat the member had prepared. It was really chewy and had a strange taste, but I didn´t think much of it until the member told me it was cow tongue. So that was an exciting...no that´s not the right word. Lets say...an alarming discovery. Haha, but the exchange was great, and at the end we had an awesome dinner at a recent convert´s house when it started to storm really bad. The sky was basically flashing every second from every direction with lightning, it was really cool to watch. I guess it happens quite often here, which is interesting cause in Utah it´s like one lightning strike every 30 minutes haha.
Anyway, this week we taught a bunch of people. We have the family of Catholics who are reading the book of mormon and really searching for an answer. They always feed us to death, and this Sunday they´re gonna give us a churrasco, it´s a pretty good deal. We taught Julia, the little girl we found at the churro stand and she is so incredibly smart. We taught the plan of salvation, and she started crying as we taught about the Atonement, the spirit was so strong, it was aamzing. She came to church with her mom for the first time as well, and loved it. We´re hoping to baptize her before the end of the transfer, but she´s so busy, it might have to be afterward. We are also teaching the wife of the second counselor in our ward who is not a member, and before she was completely closed off, but now she loves it when we teach and is talking about baptism and everything. What a miracle. Marcos will come back this week, so this weekend should be the marraige and baptism, if everything works out. Really hoping it does! But things just keep getting better, me and my comp are getting along great, he´s awesome. Everythings just peachy :)
So now my spiritual experience of the week. We were going to teach an investigator, but we stopped by a members house first to see if she wanted to teach with us. Usually she is the happiest person you can think of, but we walked in and could tell something was wrong. She was all sad and depressed, so we began talking to her to find out what happened. She told us she had her final test after a 10 year battle with cancer, and found out she had finally won the sickness, but that she would never be able to have children. I had absolutely no idea what to tell her, so we just sat in silence and let her cry. Then we offered her a blessing, and she asked me to do it. I have never really been great at giving blessings in portuguese, and i still didn´t say everything right in this blessing, but i really did feel that the words i said came from God, and although the words weren´t really all that special, yesterday she told me that we had saved her and that after that day, her week had improved 100 percent. She is one of the favorite persons I have met here, and I know God sent me here for a reason. Not just to teach all these people, but to save her from the depths of despair. I just love my mission so much, I feel like I have finally hit my stride. I am speaking fluently, helping people to learn the truth, and most importantly, learning how to feel the spirit. It´s the greatest.
Love you all so much!! Have a wonderful week. Talk to you again monday.
Love,
Elder Weight
No comments:
Post a Comment