Follow Chase while he is in Brazil! We will post his weekly email/pictures on this blog.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Miracles & Conference

I´m offically not a sister missionary anymore! Woohoo! A year and a half passed by so quickly and i can´t believe Christmas is in two months cause after Christmas 'já era.' - a portuguese prase which translates to 'already was' which basically means 'you´re done for.' I am honestly not anticipating that day cause I know I´ll miss my mission a whole lot. So let´s not think about that and talk about mission stuffs!

This week was awesome!!! My companion and I are seeing so many miracles together, it´s amazing. People are appearing out of nowhere for us to teach and I know it´s the Lord placing these people in our path. We taught a former investigator, Maria last week who came to church. This week we went back and found her husband and granddaughter with her and taught all three of them. We showed the Restoration video about Joseph Smith and they accepted the baptismal challenge. Only problem is that she needs to pay a bunch of money to get divorced and thn they have to get married...but i think we´ll be able to work it out. She came to conference this weekend all alone and loved it! We´ll have to focus on her husband this week to get the entire family to come to church, but things are going great with her! Marcos came back for a few days, so we taught him basically everything else he needs to know, so when he comes back they´ll get married and he´ll get baptized right away. He is awesome and so excited to be baptized. We´re thinking he´ll be back about the 20th, so on the 25th he´ll be baptized. Another cool experience - we were headed home after the second session of conference on Saturday and we stopped to buy some churros. You know I can´t pass up an opportunity to eat churros. And here they fill the churros with chocolate, it´s delicious. Anyway... there was this lady in her car close by, and she began talking to us. Turns out she´s an inactive member of our ward, and her daughter in the back seat just turned 9 and she was wanting to come back to church and baptize her daughter. Yeah, we couldn´t believe it either. But it gets better. The lady selling churros is ALSO an inactive member with an 11 year old son and husband who are not baptized either. She lives in another ward, but we marked an appointment for the other elders. "There can be miracles, when you believe!" Haha it really is true though. I have learned on my mission that conincedences truly don´t exist and God really does lead his work.

What did y'all think about conference? I thought it was great. I wasn´t allowed to watch in english for who knows why, but I downloaded it all onto my phone today, so i´ll listen at home. But I thought Pres. Ucthdorf´s talk about recieveing light and truth was really cool. He gave the four steps to recieve an answer of God, and my favorite was the last one - Live the commandment and do his will, then God will reveal the truth to you. John 7:17 Do his will and you will know of the doctrine - if it be from God or from man. So my invite to all of you is to live what the prophets and apostles taught us this week! Do the test and see what happens, and I promise God will reveal the truth of all things - through your thoughts and feelings and through the holy ghost. For the fruits of the spirit are peace, joy, love, faith, kindness, temperance, long suffering...i don´t remember everything (galatians 5: 22). But basically everything that is good! I know the gospel is true and I know that Thomas Monson is a prophet of the living God. Read and re read his talks, because it is direct revalation from God to us. 

Some other talks i thought were great were from christofferson about justice and grace, from anderson about joseph smith, from godoy not just because it was in portuguese, but it was a great talk and from Holland of course. Really it was all amazing, but I´m excited to get the full effect in english :)

I love you all and miss you so much! Have a wonderful week and I will talk to you again Monday.

Love,

Elder Weight

No comments:

Post a Comment